Gmail  » Web sites  »
  • One of the many things I like about it is the fact that it works seamlessly with ReviewStream, so it does look like I’ll be using Gmail for a long, long time
  • At first I thought some of my Gmail emails were missing, until I realized it was just a matter of bringing them up
  • So far, I could only remember using it I think twice or thrice
  • Of course, I’d still recommend Gmail to those out there who haven’t tried it yet

• by RichieMogwai

I opened my free Gmail account in 2008 and I’ve been using it ever since. The available space it gives me is just fantastic, it never seems to run out. One of the many things I like about it is the fact that it works seamlessly with ReviewStream, so it does look like I’ll be using Gmail for a long, long time.

Another thing I like about Gmail is its ease of use. I find

that it does try to have a different interface from Yahoo or Hotmail, and I suspect for the reason of setting itself apart from the pack.

I must admit, getting used to its interface took me a while. For example, I had some initial difficulty accepting the Expand All function, as when you want to bring up all the emails sent back and forth for a specific email address in my contact list.

This is what I guess really makes Gmail unique. It treats emails like they were IM messages or chats, and vice versa. For a beginner, like some of friends, this can get really confusing, especially for Yahoo mail or Hotmail loyalists, who wouldn’t dare try opening up a Gmail account.

At first I thought some of my Gmail emails were missing, until I realized it was just a matter of bringing them up.

Another thing I like about Gmail is ...

• Gmail
      how it displays picture attachments automatically and in a delectable fashion. I don’t believe that Hotmail or Yahoo have a better picture presentation.

But the online chat functionality, which attempts to be a pseudo Instant Messaging or IM of sorts, still has a long way to go. In fact, I find that it’s not picking up enough users at all. So far, I could only remember using it I think twice or thrice.

Of course,

I’d still recommend Gmail to those out there who haven’t tried it yet. It was my best friend who introduced me to it many years ago, but I never opened up an account until two years ago. As you can see, even for me, it took getting used to.

And I guess it’s because Google just consciously tries to differentiate its free webmail service in the marketplace, which would explain why a user’s confidence level takes this much time.

Gmail

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 20501941290731/k2311a015/1.5.10