Quorn Sausages  » Food  »
  • I have been buying Quorn Sausages for some years now so I can make one of my favourite meals
  • I think I prefer to fry them and when cooked they look pretty much like regular sausages
  • I bought a box of four for about £1 from the Co-op but they can be found in all supermarkets and health food stores too
  • Quorn Sausages are healthy and full of goodness, tasty with accompaniments and rather economical too, so I would recommend you try them out

• by jeanne71

I have been buying Quorn Sausages for some years now so I can make one of my favourite meals; bangers and mash potato with peas and thick gravy. I have just eaten this lovely winter warmer so I can give an enthusiastic review of these pseudo pork sausages using a protein derived from the fungi family, sold under the name ‘Quorn’.

Quorn is high in protein yet low in fat and these

sausages contain less than 1% saturated fat so meat eaters should try them as a healthier alternative.

When you think about the minced up bits and bobs of various animal body parts that go into real meat sausages you may well find Quorn more appealling!

You can grill them (having brushed them with oil first) for 12-14 minutes turning frequently, or shallow fry them.

I think I prefer to fry them and when ...

• cooked they look pretty much like regular sausages.

I bought a box of four for about £1 from the Co-op but they can be found in all supermarkets and health food stores too.

As they are only about 4 inches long I cook two sausages for every serving.

The taste of them is reminiscient of pork and they were very tasty in the meal I have just had.

Although I

would say that, like a lot of Quorn products, the taste of these sausages does not come up to par with real meat if you eat them on their own, ie without accompanying gravy or sauces etc, but that is not enough to persuade me to go back to eating meat.

Quorn Sausages are healthy and full of goodness, tasty with accompaniments and rather economical too, so I would recommend you try them out.

Shirley Renshaw says :

Very surprised to read in the daily newspaper about the high level of salt in the sausages - may now have to find alternative food -will now be checking all my veggie foods.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27501941050731/k2311a015/1.5.10