Pumpkin Scissors Episode 1  » Movies  »
  • I wasn’t sure what I was getting into when I started watching this, but I like it
  • It has a very interesting premise and the plot is what got me interested
  • I’m impressed with Pumpkin Scissors, they did a good job with the dub, the story is good and it’s got good action sequences

• by ReViewMeMedia

Pumpkin Scissors is a Japanese anime about a war torn country called the Empire of Frost, in Episode 1 they have signed a peace treaty with the Republic, but things are still bad with rogue soldiers wreaking havoc and attacking civilians. A man named Randel Oland meets a lady named Alice L. Malvin, who works for the military in a covert group called Pumpkin Scissors, which he reluctantly joins.

I wasn’t sure what I was

getting into when I started watching this, but I like it. It has a very interesting premise and the plot is what got me interested. I thought that the idea of a military branch that helps in war relief is a cool idea, not to mention that the characters are very interesting. There are also good fight scenes in this episode that might surprise you.

I also liked the opening theme ...

• too. Adam Dudley does a great job as Randel Oland, a war veteran with secrets. Kaytha Coker does a nice job as Alice L. Malvin, the leader of the missions for Pumpkin Scissors. ADV, who originally had the license before they lost it and Funimation picked it up, picked good actors to dub the voices for the English track.

I’m impressed with Pumpkin Scissors, they did a good job with the dub,

the story is good and it’s got good action sequences. The characters and the world they live in is intriguing and interesting. It also has good opening and ending theme songs and I highly recommend it to anime fans that are looking for something interesting to watch.

Funimation is streaming episodes of Pumpkin Scissors English dubbed on their website Funimation.com/video under the title “Pumpkin Scissors”. It is available on DVD on Amazon.com and Rightstuf.com.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11401940391031/k2311a014/1.4.10