Stars on Ice 2010  » TV  »
  • I don't believe that Sasha Cohen belongs in Stars on Ice, any more than I thought Oksana Baiul did when she performed with them
  • I love the acknowledgement of what was, how it got started, and what catapulted Stars on Ice to being so great

• by Orrymain

This two hour special on NBC highlighted not just what was coming up with the 2010 Smucker’s Stars on Ice Tour, but the past twenty years of Stars on Ice. As someone who has gone to numerous performances, for me, there’s nothing like the past, so this special was delightful for me to watch.

In recent years, I just haven’t cared about the skaters, and I still don’t. I don’t believe that Sasha Cohen belongs in Stars on

Ice, any more than I thought Oksana Baiul did when she performed with them. That was the beginning of the end of Stars on Ice for me.

This special, though, brings back the wonderful memories of the performances I witnessed and watched on TV. Scott Hamilton, Paul Wylie, Roslyn Summers, and even Kristi Yamaguchi, who hosted this program. The glimpses back were great.

There was a wonderful look back at Sergui’s death which rocked them big time, and ...

• a review of Scott’s contribution. Both of these segments brought tears to my eyes. One had a sad ending and the other a victory over cancer.

The interviews, which were all current, were great. You could feel the love. The only ones I missed were Peter and Kitty Carruthers who were such a big part of the show. I could have missed them, but I didn’t notice any comments from the pair, though they did

get a mention at least once.

Overall, this was a very nice way to spend a couple of years. I love the acknowledgement of what was, how it got started, and what catapulted Stars on Ice to being so great. I wish I could love their stars today, but I truly dislike Sasha and some of the others who just aren’t true Stars on Ice material in my book. For the special, though, it was great fun.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10401940200931/k2311a014/1.4.10