Ascof (Lagundi) Forte
  • As much as possible, I preferred all natural medicine to avoid bad side effects
  • I know that synthetic medicine could hurt the stomach lining, kidney and liver in the long run so I have always been selective and careful when taking synthetic medicine
  • However, although these were able to bring in some relief, I noticed my cough was not really healing so I went to the drugstore and bought Ascof (Lagundi) Forte
  • I took one capsule four times a day and after two days I found some relief
  • Ascof (Lagundi) Forte as per my experience needs to be further improved so that its healing effect will be fully satisfying

• by ladyli

As much as possible, I preferred all natural medicine to avoid bad side effects. I know that synthetic medicine could hurt the stomach lining, kidney and liver in the long run so I have always been selective and careful when taking synthetic medicine. Last few weeks ago, I ate so much ice cream which my throat was unable to tolerate. Soon I developed some sore throat that later turned to bad cough.

I was at first trying to find some relief with hydrotherapy. I was taking lukewarm water to relieve my cough and would gargle warm water with salt most of the time too. I also would rub Vicks Vaporub on my chest most of the time.

However, although these were able to bring in some relief,

I noticed my cough was not really healing so I went to the drugstore and bought Ascof (Lagundi) Forte. I took one capsule four times a day and after two days I found some relief. My itchy throat got some reprieve and I found my cough getting lighter.

So I continued taking the medication. After a week, I found greater relief. My cough was no longer as constant as before and the itchy throat was no longer a problem.

However, the cough was not totally gone so I decided to continue the medication. After 12 days of taking the medication I got quite bothered why the cough was not completely healing. I think Ascof (Lagundi) Forte lost its effectiveness already.

It was like the bacteria on my ...

• throat were able to gain some immunity from it after my nine days of taking the medicine. It was my observation because the cough although significantly lessened was not completely healing and chances are it would intensify anew. I felt quite bored why the Ascof Forte could not bring total healing when 12 days are too long enough.

I then decided stop Ascof Fore and opted to seek help with Honey. I bought Raw Tupelo Honey and extracted some garlic. The combination of honey and garlic tastes bad and it gives bad breath too so that I only take this when other medicines could not give me total healing.

Well, as always the honey and garlic extracts was able to bring the total healing which

Ascof (Lagundi) Forte was unable to deliver. After 2 days of taking honey and garlic, my cough was completely healed.

After my experience with Ascof (Lagundi) Forte I now conclude that this cough medicine needs some more stronger formulation so that it could be fully effective.

Maybe this medicine could be helpful if the cough is just starting but when the cough has gone worse I think this medicine will not be effective anymore. If natural healing is what one desires, it is better to take honey and garlic but make sure it is taken when stomach is full. This has been the most effective natural treatment for cough.

Ascof (Lagundi) Forte as per my experience needs to be further improved so that its healing effect will be fully satisfying.

Edward says :

According to recent studies, it takes an average of 18 days for a simple cough to go away, with or without medication. What synthetic cough medicines do is relieve the symptoms or just speed up the healing for only a few days I don’t think natural medicine should be an exception. Hence, 12 days for “total healing” is not enough. If your cough persists for more than 3 weeks, it’s time to see a doctor.

Jae pagas says :

I bought ascof forte for my child who has a cough now, but i didn’t notice that I bought the 600 mg/5ml syrup. How much dosage should my 5 years old child take? Is this ok for him to take or should I just buy another one with the 300mg?

Galega says :

Give half tsp a day to 3 year old baby from the same bottle of 600mg/5ml. The ingredients of both 600mg and 300 mg are same and hence there shouldn’t be any problem.

manilyn guballa says :

is it ascof lagundi forte is not bad for the person who has asthma?

ladyli replies :

It is all natural so I believe it is not bad for those who have asthma.

me.glenrose says :

I would say it may be okay for people with asthma because the ingredients are all natural, no harmful chemicals in it. But before you use it, you may want to consult an expert opinion from your doctor first.

Rajiv says :

I have bronchial asthama. I recently started using Ascoff Forte when i had irritation in the throat. It could breath more easily and had productive cough that reduced the phelgm in the lungs. So important for asthamatic. I have not experienced any side effects on low doses. As i have endogenous depression - doses after 4 pm impacted my sleep pattern and kept me awake. SP i do not take Acoff forte or Lagundi in any form towards evening or later.

ladyli says :

Then follow that pattern whichever is good for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26401940050931/k2311a014/1.4.10