Tempra (Paracetamol) Syrup  » Medicine  »
  • I bought Generic Paracetamol as prescribed by my doctor and although it was so cheap at PHP26 only at 60 ml
  • However, I was also disappointed with the cooling pad because it was unable to bring any relief to my grandson’s high fever either
  • I told her about my problem with my grandson and sought her help in finding a Paracetamol that tastes much more pleasant so that my grandson would take it without any resistance
  • She gave me the orange flavor and I bought a 120 ml which cost PHP120
  • I think what matters to me more than anything during that time was to find the best relief for my grandson’s fever and pain

• by ladyli

When buying medicine I have always favored generic alternatives. The generic medicines have always cheaper but just as effective as the branded ones. However, there is one case when the generic brand of medicine did not really become effective at all. Not because it has not power but because the taste is so terrible that my grandson could not swallow it at all. I bought Generic Paracetamol as prescribed by my doctor and although it was so cheap at PHP26 only at 60 ml.

, I think I just wasted my money in buying it. The medicine just went to waste because my grandson just kept spewing it. My grandson even developed some trauma in taking that generic medicine. Just the smell of it would make him throw up.

We had to force him by holding his arms and body but he was so resistant that as soon

as he smelled the medicine he would forcibly turn his head and would start to yell and cry and would fight so that he could be set free. Because he refused to take the bad tasting Paracetamol, I bought Kool Fever, a cooling-gel on pad which is placed on the head to relieve fever. However, I was also disappointed with the cooling pad because it was unable to bring any relief to my grandson’s high fever either. In the wee hour of the night, I went to the nearby drugstore which is open 24-hours a day and asked the help of the pharmacist.

I told her about my problem with my grandson and sought her help in finding a Paracetamol that tastes much more pleasant so that my grandson would take it without any resistance. The pharmacist recommended Tempra Syrup. She gave me the orange flavor and ...

• I bought a 120 ml which cost PHP120. The price is more expensive than the generic paracetamol.

In fact it costs more than two times the generic brand but I did not really mind. I think what matters to me more than anything during that time was to find the best relief for my grandson’s fever and pain. My grandson was feverish the whole night and I was sleepless while watching him all night. I too was also tired and sleepy and would want some rest and sleep too.

So I bought the orange flavored Tempra and as soon as I arrived home, I woke up my feverish grandson so that he could take the medicine. He started to cry as soon as he saw the medicine but when I told him the medicine tastes like orange, he stopped crying and brought his nose near the medicine. When

he found the smell not repulsive, he then opened his mouth and was able to take and swallow the Tempra syrup without any problem. He even smiled and said it did not taste bad at all.

Then, I put him to sleep again. After some few minutes, I began to feel his neck and back sweating out. It was a sign that that the Tempra he ingested had taken effect. And soon, his whole body was all sweating so that I had to wipe his whole body and change his clothes.

His fever totally went down and his body temperature was set to normal again. I felt so relieved and soon I also was able to sleep and take the much needed rest too. I am happy Tempra tastes good and effective in fever and pain relief too. I now know which Paracetamol brand I should buy whenever my grandchildren are having fever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26401940040931/k2311a014/1.4.10