Quorn Surprisingly Tempting Creamy Mushroom Pies  » Food  »
  • I have just made myself a lovely dinner at of one of these pies together with boiled new potatoes and carrots which was utterly delicious and very satisfying
  • You get four pies in a box and I cannot remember the exact price but I think it was no more than about £1.50 from Tesco

• by jeanne71

I have been a vegetarian for years and I have bought many of these Surprisingly Tempting Creamy Mushroom Pies from the Quorn brand. I have just made myself a lovely dinner at of one of these pies together with boiled new potatoes and carrots which was utterly delicious and very satisfying.

I am sure that even meat eaters would enjoy this vegetarian version of the chicken and mushroom pie, with pieces of Quorn protein instead of chicken.

50 from Tesco.

According to the instructions on the box you should cook this on the middle shelf at 200 degrees centigrade for 35 minutes but with my cooker, which has a mind of its own, it only took 20 minutes.

My oven is very old and I think whatever temperature I set it at,

• it seems to work at full power.

I would advise though that you check on your pie after 20 minutes as when I have overcooked it, the filling expodes out of the pastry shell and ends up plastered around my oven!

When cooked to perfection, the flaky shortcrust pastry is tasty and light.

The mushroom and the Quorn pieces are delicious as they are covered in a tasty, creamy mushroom sauce.

This tastes very nice in combination with

the flaky pastry and also with the vegetables on my plate.

The sauce means that the potatoes and other vegetables need no additional sauce other than a bit of butter - and the meal is therefore not too dry.

These are absolutely delicious and satisfying.

Quorn has a high protein content like meat, but it is lower in fat than meat, so it is worth trying these pieces out as a substitute for health reasons if nothing else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27401939880931/k2311a014/1.4.10