Alpen Swiss Style Muesli  » Food  »
  • I must have seen an advert for it as I was developing a craving, so I bought a box for £1.49
  • In my experience Alpen is definitely the best Swiss style muesli breakfast cereal you can buy
  • As it says on the box, 'delicious ingredients, expertly blended'
  • I would agree as it has a pleasing mixture of ingredients in just the right proportions
  • Alpen is a delicious and nutritious cereal I would certainly recommend

• by jeanne71

I used to like Alpen a lot when I was a kid and it occurred to me recently that I had not had it for years. I must have seen an advert for it as I was developing a craving, so I bought a box for £1. 49.

This is for a heavy, 750g box which, as I only need a small bowl of this to fill me up, should last a while. In my experience Alpen is definitely the best Swiss style muesli breakfast cereal you can buy.

As it

says on the box, ‘delicious ingredients, expertly blended’. I would agree as it has a pleasing mixture of ingredients in just the right proportions.

It contains raisins, rolled oats, roasted hazlenuts and almonds and wholegrain wheat flakes. The flakes etc are small and finely milled and the cereal is quite floury, which works well.

Alpen has its own unique taste.

The picture on the box also shows that it contains grapes.

Apart from raisins, I cannot stand that nasty glace fruit that I sometimes find in a muesli which has ...

• me chewing it wearing a grimace, but there is nothing so offensive in Alpen and personally I found those grapes undetectable, so maybe they are just referring to the raisins which start off as grapes! As it is a cold winter here at the moment, I like to heat the milk for cereal in the microwave to a lukewarm temperature, but Alpen is particularly delicious with cold milk. I had a small bowl of Alpen about two hours ago for breakfast and I still feel quite full.

Wholegrain is supposed to

release energy slowly after all. As the box says, Alpen contains 100% natural ingredients containing various vitamins and goodness, so this is a wonderfully healthy breakfast cereal and makes a good start to the day.

It does contain sugar, but just enough to take the plain edge off the cereal that all cereals have, but without making it taste sweet at all. The amount of sweetness is just right for my tastebuds and I would never add any extra sweetness to it.

Alpen is a delicious and nutritious cereal I would certainly recommend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27401939840931/k2311a014/1.4.10