Rimmel London Extra Super Lash Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think you can buy a waterproof version of this but my one was not the waterproof version, although it coped well with light rainfall without any smudging

• by jeanne71

This is a review of the Extra Super Lash, Lash Building Mascar from Rimmel London. The price was good at only about £4.

50 from Boots.

It claims to give you ’super lash separation’ and that you can build it up from a natural look to dramatic looking lashes.

You can buy this in black or in the black/brown shade I have.

The brush is a standard cone shape with rows of bristles.

Generally speaking I would say that

this mascara is not bad for the price but it did not completely live up to its claims.

The lash separation is good when I apply the first, thin coat of mascara but on building up my lashes to a hopefully more dramatic look, my lashes do start to clump together but not as bad as other mascaras do so.

My lashes look a lot longer and somewhat thicker but if I want to make them even thicker they ...

• are going to clump together.

I have tried other mascaras that apply a thick coat with the first stroke which seems to get the ‘false lash’ look without any clumping and I do think these other brands are better at the thickening without clumping effect.

Another aspect of this mascara I do not like is that I could not catch the little lashes on the outside of my upper eyelids and I have tried other mascara brands that manage

to do this much better.

For a very thick, false lash effect I would choose another brand and for better separation and a natural look I would also choose another brand where the brush is designed to catch all my eyelashes.

I think you can buy a waterproof version of this but my one was not the waterproof version, although it coped well with light rainfall without any smudging.

This is not bad for the price, that is all I can say.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31401939820931/k2311a014/1.4.10