Dove Pro-Age foaming facial cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have been a huge Dove products fan for years, ever since I found out that their facial cleansers and soap's always contain one quarter moisturising cream
  • I found the burgundy color elegant, and although I am only in my 30's and Pro-Age is geared towards women in their 50's and beyone I decided to try it
  • My combination skin was becoming a bit dry and I thought this Pro-Age foaming facial cleanser might re-balance the oil in my skin
  • I bought Dove Pro-Age foaming facial cleanser at my local discount store for only $3 CDN
  • After a week of using this Dove cleanser I noticed that my regular combination skin was starting to come back, and after a month my skin was restored

• by Melissa Glenn

I have been a huge Dove products fan for years, ever since I found out that their facial cleansers and soap’s always contain one quarter moisturising cream. This Dove Pro-Age foaming facial cleanser is no exception, as it states right on the front of the stand up tube that moisturiser is included. I really liked the color of this Pro-Age product; I found the burgundy color elegant, and although I am only in my 30’s and Pro-Age is geared towards women in their 50’s and beyone I decided to try it. My combination skin was becoming a bit dry and I thought this Pro-Age foaming facial cleanser might re-balance the oil in my skin.

I

bought Dove Pro-Age foaming facial cleanser at my local discount store for only $3 CDN. Dove always have their face care products competitively priced and this proved to be no exception, I couldn’t wait to try it. I figured that buying this facial cleanser was actually going to save me some money. Typically I buy expensive cleansing cloths to remove my eye make-up before using a facial cleanser as they are too harsh to remove eye make-up. Dove however; is gentle enough to wash my eye make-up off. I knew this from using other Dove facial cleansers, and began to wonder why I hadn’t continued to use them.

The first thing I noticed when I ...

• squeezed a dime size amount of Dove facial cleanser out of the pop-top tube was that it was a very thick cream. I also noticed it had a nice soft floral scent. I momentarily wondered if this cleanser didn’t contain a bit too much moisturiser for my 30+ skin and that I might end up getting a very oily complexion. I decided I better try it before I made any snap decisions.

Initially I found it a bit difficult to spread Dove Pro-Age foaming facial cleanser around my face, it was just that thick. By mixing it in my hand with some warm water and making a paste I found it much easier and quicker

to use, and it did take my eye make up off beautifully even the tough water proof mascara. After a week of using this Dove cleanser I noticed that my regular combination skin was starting to come back, and after a month my skin was restored.

This particular Dove Pro-Age foaming facial cleanser is not a product designed for long term use for thirty somethings, but if you are struggling with dry skin by all means use it to restore your skin’s natural moisturiser. If you are fifty or over, please use this cleanser to restore and repair your skin, it’s well worth the money. Thank you Dove! Dove is distributed by Unilever products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31401939340131/k2311a014/1.4.10