Live Clean (Fresh Water) moisturizing Shampoo
  • My reasons for wanting to try this particular shampoo is that any shampoo made with fresh water usually gives my hair a great shine and as winter was coming on and my very long hair was starting to look a bit dull I thought this might help
  • That said, this shampoo is paraben free, so I decided to overlook the fact that they had probably added some dye
  • I couldn't understand it at all, and even stopping using conditioner (I found I didn't need any with this shampoo anyway) didn't stop me from having flat head

• by Melissa Glenn

I have often admired the Live Clean line of hair products at my local drug store but always thought that spending $6.99CDN on a bottle of shampoo was a bit too much for my budget. When Live Clean came on sale for just $3.99CDN for a 350ml bottle I just had to buy it and give it a try. My reasons for wanting to try this particular shampoo is that any shampoo made with fresh water usually gives my hair a great shine and as winter was coming on and my very long hair was starting to look a bit dull I

thought this might help.

Live Clean (Fresh Water) moisturizing Shampoo comes in quite a non descript semi clear plastic bottle with aqua coloured writing. If it didn’t advertise itself as having ‘certified organic botannicals’, along with having naturally derived ingredients and being vegan friendly and sulfate free, I might have passed this bottle by as being a cheap discount brand. In fact, I have only ever seen this product in one drug store, and never any television or radio advertising whatsoever.

I was really excited to try such a natural product. I could tell through the plastic bottle however; that this shampoo was a

blue colour somewhere between baby blue and turquoise so I knew it had to contain some sort of dye in it. Interestingly enough the ingredients listed including White tea extract, Lavender and Citric Acid, along with vitamins A & E, but no listing of dye! That said, this shampoo is paraben free, so I decided to overlook the fact that they had probably added some dye.

Interestingly enough the first time I used this shampoo I thought it felt a little bit funny in my hand. It wasn’t runny or thick, but it did feel a bit creamy, almost like it was half ...

• Live Clean (Fresh Water) moisturizing Shampoo
      shampoo and half conditioner which I thought was odd as Live Clean didn’t advertise themselves as being a two in one products. I have to say when I massaged this shampoo into my hair I did get a bit of a tingly sensation that was very pleasant, and this product was easy to rinse out without leaving residue in my hair. After about two weeks of using this Live Clean (Fresh Water) moisturizing Shampoo my long curly hair was very soft and very shiny. I would have been ecstatic about this wonderful shampoo if it weren’t for one thing. My hair had
      gone very, very flat, and usually it’s very very curly. I couldn’t understand it at all, and even stopping using conditioner (I found I didn’t need any with this shampoo anyway) didn’t stop me from having flat head.

In the end I had to stop using Live Clean (Fresh Water) moisturising shampoo as simply put I wanted my curly hair back. When I switched to another brand my curls came back within a week. If you have straight hair by all means use this shampoo, even the bottle is recyclable, but there is simply something in there that breaks curls down! For more information visit www.live-clean.com.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31401939300131/k2311a014/1.4.10