Gainesville SpringHill Suites by Marriott  » Hotels  »
2.0
4155 SW 40th Blvd., Gainesville, FL
  • It's just boring and don't really have anything to offer but a continental breakfast that I just skip
  • I would only recommend this hotel for those who either want to sleep and do nothing else and for the reward points Marriott offers

• by C.Channing

I’m not really a fan of Gainesville and the only reason I even come back to visit is because my mom still lives there. Gainesville is not a metropolis where I can choose from a variety of fancy and luxurious hotels, so I manage what I can with what I’m given; the only reason I stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott is because it’s near the shopping, restaurants, I-75, and the rewards I earn from each stay at the Marriott hotel.

The SpringHill Suites is an okay place to stay: they have a nice area in the room

to store food and beverages; they have a quiet pool to relax around; they also have an area specifically designed for drinks and snacks for purchase. I spent a lot of my money buying Gatorades. Other then that, the hotel is pretty plain-Jane compared to other Marriott hotels I’ve stayed at. The hotel rooms are clean, but they are tedious overall. The time I did spent at the hotel was for sleep and nothing much else.

The good thing about the SpringHill Suites is that it’s near all the shopping and restaurants which are mainly located on both Newberry ...

• and Archer Road. It is also surrounded by the Archer Road shopping center, which includes a variety of stores: Barnes and Noble; Ross; Michael’s; Wal-Mart; Best Buy; TJIF; Wendy’s. The list of stores and restaurants goes on and on. I liked being able to get into my car and just drive around the corner to shop and dine.

Overall, the SpringHill Suites by Marriott is not one of my favorite hotels. It’s just boring and don’t really have anything to offer but a continental breakfast that I just skip. Don’t get me wrong, the staff is extremely nice and

welcoming, its just the hotel itself is really bland. The only good thing about it is the location because it’s near all the shopping and dining establishments. The only reason I continue to stay there whenever I visit my mom is for the reward points. May be if they changed up the décor and offered more services it would be a better stay, as of right now, it’s not one of my favorite places to stay; I would only recommend this hotel for those who either want to sleep and do nothing else and for the reward points Marriott offers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2301938770731/k2311a013/1.3.10