Kate Jackson  » People  »
  • Unfortunately, it was at the end of the run for that gothic soap opera so I didn't get to see all of the run
  • It impressed me, actually, because the role was very kind to the audience who would remember and gave them some nice moments
  • So, she's not my favorite, but I know she has lots of fans

• by Orrymain

Quite frankly, I’m not really a fan of Kate Jackson, best known as one of Charlie’s Angels. However, I remember her from the beginning of her career, when she debuted on Dark Shadows. Unfortunately, it was at the end of the run for that gothic soap opera so I didn’t get to see all of the run. The local market here removed Dark Shadows

from the schedule a month or two before it left the air nationally, so I only saw part of Kate’s work, but I’ve always remembered it.

I also remember Kate Jackson from The Rookies where she played the wife Sam Melville. In fact, decades later he appeared on Scarecrow and Mrs. King, and I thought that was great. It impressed me, actually, because the role was ...

• very kind to the audience who would remember and gave them some nice moments. She was nurse in The Rookies and I remember reading a lot about how she was promised her own show from that, and that show is what became Charlie’s Angels. I loved it, though I was more fond of Jaclyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett both.

I remember actually when Kate married Andrew

Stevens. I never got that, but it’s not for me to get it, either. I do admire Kate for her ability to get through a couple of cancer scares. That’s just not easy to do, so I applaud her for all she’s done to educate women and just to survive herself. So, she’s not my favorite, but I know she has lots of fans.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 52301938240631/k2311a013/1.3.10