Vo-Toys Treat Ball
  • This is a large blue ball with all kinds of prongs for the dogs to chew on, though the best part is that you stuff the treat ball with food or treats
  • It's amazing how quickly the dogs learn how to maneuver these toys
  • They love it, but I think both would prefer the Kong over this

• by Orrymain

Along with some super Kong toys that will forever be part of my pets’ lives from now on, a friend in Australia also sent my girls a Vo-Toys Treat Ball. This is a large blue ball with all kinds of prongs for the dogs to chew on, though the best part is that you stuff the treat ball with food or treats. It’s the same concept as a Kong in that you put the food in and then the pet figures out how to roll the ball to get the food and/or treats to fall out.

It’s

amazing how quickly the dogs learn how to maneuver these toys. They have fun getting their food and it’s exercise for them, too. It keeps them occupied as well. Some people actually feed their dogs this way now.

I do have a couple of issues with this one, though. Now my dogs love it, and my black lab, oh my, she can really maneuver this treat ball through the house. She learned very fast to pick it up with the little prongs that stick out. At the same time, she’s broken off several ...

• of those in the process, so I am always having to monitor her when she uses this treat ball.

In fact, the instructions seem to know there’s a concern because it mentions supervising the animals while they are using it. I’d say she’s broken off at least eight or so and maybe more so I’m really not sure how long this is going to last with her at it.

Now my other dog is a little taller than the lab, but she also is actually smaller in dimension. It’s a little too big for her, though she’s so

close to size. She’s never even tried to pick it up like the lab does. She does know how to roll that thing around, though.

So, the dogs like it, but it is harder for the food to drop out of this and even though the opening is adjustable, it’s really not as simple as they make it seem. They love it, but I think both would prefer the Kong over this. Still, it does give them some fun, and as I said, they love it. However, always monitor when the dogs are using this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29301938130631/k2311a013/1.3.10