Kong Food and Peanut Butter - Pet Recipe  » Pets  »
  • After playing around with my dogs' Kongs, I decided to share the very simple thing that I do
  • I actually feed my dogs a little less now at regular meal time if I know I'm going to give them a Kong that night

• by Orrymain

In the time I’ve acquired both the Kong Stuff-A-Ball and the Kong Classic, I’ve done a lot of research on what people put in their Kongs to keep their dogs satisfied. There are actually a ton of different recipes out there. After playing around with my dogs’ Kongs, I decided to share the very simple thing that I do.

I do the same thing for both Kongs. I start with peanut butter,

which is safe for dogs to eat. You can research this on the internet or talk to your vet, but your everyday peanut butter like Skippy is perfectly fine to use. What I do first is take a spoonful or so and stick it down at the bottom of the Kongs. I’ll also let my utensil of choice put peanut butter against the sides of the inside of the Kongs.

Then I put some dog food in there. I actually feed my dogs a little less now at regular meal time if I know I’m going to give them a Kong that night. That way, they aren’t overeating. I fill it up about two-thirds full and sometimes more, depending on how much food I want them to have.

Then I top it all the way to the top with peanut butter. I want ...

• Kong Food and Peanut Butter - Pet Recipe
      a nice fluffy topping of this. Then I actually take a regular biscuit (we use Milk Bone), and I stick one right out of the top of each, just like a cherry on an ice cream sundae.

Now take both Kongs and put them in the freezer. You can, of course, remove them at any time, but for optimal doggie happiness, I leave them in for at least 3 hours.

The result? Your

dog won’t bother you for a good hour. They will be so happy licking and eating their Kong treats. Some people put in liver and other human foods, but just using their own dog food and some peanut butter is all you really need to do to give your dog a really great treat.

So, this is my Kong Recipe - Food and Peanut Butter of choice. I hope you try it and like it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29301938060631/k2311a013/1.3.10