Thumann’s Beef Frankfurters  » Food  »
1.5
  • This did not turn out to be the hot dog that I was searching for, unfortunately
  • They did have a very, very strong aroma that stick to my hands, and that was not something that I found overly pleasant either
  • I will stick with the Oscar Meyer XXL Beef Franks as those have a real good flavor to them and cost half as much for six hot dogs

• by GenesisOne

I had never heard of Thumann’s Beef Frankfurters when I came across them in the grocery store, but I nonetheless purchased them because at the time, I had not yet found a store sold hot dog that I was satisfied with. This did not turn out to be the hot dog that I was searching for, unfortunately.

These hot dogs have a rather pale color to them

that is not very appetizing and the hot dogs themselves are relatively thin, although long, but they are much too soft and even sponge like in texture.

They did have a very, very strong aroma that stick to my hands, and that was not something that I found overly pleasant either.

The hot dogs were not that great either when it came to flavor.

The hot dogs ...

• were all beef, but they lacked a good, strong flavor to them.

If anything, the flavor was always fleeting - I would take a bite, there would be some flavor, but then that would be it.

It is odd how something could have such a strong aroma and leave such a potent aroma on my hands but ultimately not have a lasting and deep flavor to them.

I most certainly do not think that the eight count package of hot dogs is worth six dollars.

These are very pricey hot dogs and I really do not see why they are so much unless I am in the minority.

I will stick with the Oscar Meyer XXL Beef Franks as those have a real good flavor to them and cost half as much for six hot dogs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27301937910631/k2311a013/1.3.10