Wholly Wholesome Organic Whole Wheat Crust Pie Crust
2.5
  • I think this may just be about the healthiest pie crust that can be found at the grocery store
  • Unfortunately, this crust did not cause me to look forward to consuming more of it as much as I looked forward to finishing the rest of the pie

• by GenesisOne

I think this may just be about the healthiest pie crust that can be found at the grocery store. The Wholly Wholesome Organic Whole Wheat Crust Pie Crust has two things going for it that will make those that are looking to watch just what they put in their bodies cheer: the pie crust consists of all natural, organic ingredients and it is good source of whole

wheat.

I have never seen anything else like it in the grocery store.

A whole wheat pie crust? That is really unique! While the pie crust is certainly a little healthier compared with the other pre-made pie crusts, it also happens to not be quite as tasty.

By no means did this pie crust ruin my pie, but it also did not enhance or elevate my enjoyment ...

• of my pie.

It is not as buttery or flaky as non-whole wheat pie crusts.

It has a flavor that reminds me of oats and whole grain oats cereals and snacks.

It is slightly salty, but also a little more than slightly dry.

Thus, the pie crust does not come across as being as moist or light as regular pie crusts do.

When I bake a pie,

I want to look forward to eating the crust as much as the pie filling.

Unfortunately, this crust did not cause me to look forward to consuming more of it as much as I looked forward to finishing the rest of the pie.

It is a healthier choice to be sure, but not the tastiest choice by far, and I do not see myself picking up this pre-made pie crust again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27301937820531/k2311a013/1.3.10