Dorian Gray movie  » Movies  »
  • However, I still thought the movie was among the best movies release in the year 2009
  • For example, I thought that the part where Dorian sold his soul should have been more pronounced
  • Instead, most people I know, including me, passed over it because it wasn't very pronounced, and one would have to be paying very very very keen attention in order to see him do it

• by Redtape

I completely forgot about this film until I saw it again on the front page of the site “watch-movies-online.tv”. Of course, since I hadn’t read the book, I knew the name sounded familiar, but I didn’t know what it was all about. I was even motivated more to try it when I saw the the actor, Ben Barnes, who also starred as Prince Caspian in The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian starred as Dorian Gray.

Since I still have not read the book,

I cannot say how close to the book the movie was. However, I still thought the movie was among the best movies release in the year 2009. This was because the characters felt very real, the acting was splendid, and the movie itself, and I guess the way it was directed too, made it very captivating. Nearly everyone I knew who watched the movie “Dorian Gray” thought it was good.

The only thing I didn’t like about the movie though was that the person ...

• who directed it should have made certain scenes longer, and put more of an emphasis on certain themes too. For example, I thought that the part where Dorian sold his soul should have been more pronounced. Instead, most people I know, including me, passed over it because it wasn’t very pronounced, and one would have to be paying very very very keen attention in order to see him do it. There was also Dorian’s first love affair, which I thought should have been
        more highlighted too.

The movie Dorian Gray is about a young upper class man from the Victorian era who takes up the wrong company, and following the wrong advice, goes on a self destructive path of endless pleasures. In the process Dorian also unknowingly sells his soul to the Devil. He soon becomes blessed with immortality and eternal beauty, but a lifelike painting of him which was done by one of his friends, begins to rot and change, each time he does something wrong.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201937370831/k2311a012/1.2.10