The Virginian: 50 Days to Moose Jaw  » TV  »
2.5
  • Gregory is a very talented actor and you never know if he's going to be a good guy, bad guy, crazy guy, or just funny guy

• by Orrymain

The Virginian: 50 Days to Moose Jaw guest starred James Gregory as Slim Jessup. Gregory is a very talented actor and you never know if he’s going to be a good guy, bad guy, crazy guy, or just funny guy. That’s how good he is. You have to watch and see how his characters develop. This role,

though, is a serious one.

What happens in The Virginian: 50 Days to Moose Jaw is that the Virginian has to take the ranch hands on a cattle drive, something they don’t normally do. They have fifty days to get the cattle from Medicine Bow to Moose Jaw in Canada. Along the way they hire a young boy, played by ...

• Brandon De Wilde, a child actor who achieved a lot of notoriety, on screen and off.

As an animal lover, I’m not fond of cattle drive shows, though I watch them a lot. I just hate seeing what happens to cattle. This show had a seen with a little calf that just broke my heart. I’m overly sensitive to

this kind of thing. I wish I could ignore it.

There are a lot of layers to both Gregory’s and De Wilde’s characters and that’s what makes this show watchable. I didn’t see or feel anything special or extra from the regulars. It’s the guest stars that add the pizzazz, limited as it is. I wouldn’t seek out this episode personally.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10201937160831/k2311a012/1.2.10