The Virginian: The Exiles  » TV  »
1.5
  • The problem with The Virginian, as I've said before, is that it bores me more often than not
  • The Exiles and that's probably the only bit I enjoyed
  • I don't see her charm, though I know in the 60's she was considered a hot property

• by Orrymain

The problem with The Virginian, as I’ve said before, is that it bores me more often than not. I couldn’t watch it as a kid because none of the characters captured my heart or imagination. This episode, The Exiles, exemplifies those feelings. It’s a show towards the end of the debut season, and it’s almost ninety minutes of boredom.

Now some of the guest stars were quite well known in the day of

the western — Ed Nelson, Frank Cady, Tammy Grimes, Stafford Repp, and Herbert Rudley, to name a few. Of course, Nelson was a performer who bored me in most anything he was in, too. I do like Cady and seeing him get to do something other than being Mister Drucker the general store owner in Hooterville on Petticoat Junction is fun. I did enjoy his role in The Virginian: The Exiles and ...

• that’s probably the only bit I enjoyed.

I’m not a Tammy Grimes fan and this episode is heavy on Grimes. She sings a lot and is huge to the plot. I was never a Grimes fan, though. She just annoyed me for some reason. I remember watching her TV show and her guest appearances and always just feeling weirded out. I don’t see her charm, though I know in the 60’s

she was considered a hot property.

James Drury as the Virginian gets to have the most fun here and interact with Grimes, but since I was already bored, I only get more bored. While I can deal more easily with his character now, the Virginian wasn’t one I enjoyed all that much as a kid either.

So, I just can’t say much positive about The Virginian: The Exiles. I just kept waiting for it to end.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10201937120831/k2311a012/1.2.10