Acer Aspire 5500Z laptop  » Laptops  »
  • The screen is nice and large and I like the way the buttons work
  • This isn't usually an issue, because it's in a bit of a depression, but sometimes my hands wander while I am typing

• by booklover
      My dad got this laptop. He ordered it off the internet, and then handed it to me to set up for him.

It’s a pretty good computer, has all the basic components and the things you expect from a laptop

such as the built in wireless LAN and a dvd player that is also a CD burner.

The screen is nice and large and I like the way the buttons work.

The mouse pad can occasionally be annoying because unlike ...

• my own laptop, I have yet to find a button to easily turn off the mouse pad, so sometimes when I am typing, the mouse moves.

This isn’t usually an issue, because it’s in a bit of a depression, but

sometimes my hands wander while I am typing.

It’s decently fast.

My dad doesn’t play computer games, so he doesn’t need a lot of speed or a really good video card, but everything works well enough that I can easily use it.

James says :

I would like upgrade my laptop RAM from 512mb to 1 gig, I have Acer Aspire 5500z model. I don`t know what model of RAM that I should buy. Is this model Samsung 512MB 2Rx16 PC2-5300S-555-12-A3 suitable for my laptop?

Jules Li says :

Yes, the Acer Aspire 5500Z uses PC2-5300 memory as well. However, sometimes mixed brands don’t work. So this is something that you should keep in mind.

Vinod Shaw says :

I would like upgrade my laptop RAM from 512mb to 2 gig, I have Acer Aspire 5500z model. I don t know what model of RAM that I should buy.

Jules Li says :

This model uses DDR2 PC2-5300 memory.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63210993671030/k2311a0921/9.21.06