Sony HDR-CX100 AVCHD HD Camcorder with Smile Shutter & 10x Optical Zoom
  • HD is definitely the best of the best and the quality of the video could not be beat
  • This product actually has 8GB of memory built right into it which is an amazing feature

• by Valerie

I wanted a simple camcorder that I could film special events with such as holidays, birthdays, graduations, etc. However, when I received the Sony HDR-CX100 AVCHD HD Camcorder with Smile Shutter & 10x Optical Zoom I received much, much more. This camcorder is like a computer in my eyes it has so many amazingly impressive features. It is not only a video camera, it is a still camera as well.

Best of all, it takes 4 megapixel still camera images which come out beautifully. When I took a still picture with this camcorder and showed it to my mother she could not believe it came from the camcorder, she thought it was from a photo lab. This camera films in full HD.

I am not familiar with HD really due

to the fact that I do not own an HD television. I never thought HD was really a big deal until I used this camcorder. HD is definitely the best of the best and the quality of the video could not be beat.

I was honestly shocked by how clear, crisp and vibrant the quality of the video I filmed with this camcorder truly was. I was able to capture my Christmas morning in HD and therefore not miss a single detail, everything was super crystal clear. I always thought you needed a tape or a CD to record video on a camcorder but apparently i am not up with the current times of technology.

This product actually has 8GB of memory built right into it which is an amazing ...

• feature. You can record three hours of high definition video right on the camcorder without the use of any tape or dvd at all. Even better, you can record six hours of regular video again with no video or cd.

Even the regular video is more clear than any video I’ve seen from any other camcorder. This camera has too many features to even list, seeing as the benefits go on. However, I want to mention the sleek and stylish design.

I have never seen such a good looking video camera in my entire life. This thing is truly beautiful. It only weighs 11 oz! Imagine recording video holding a camera that weighs only 11 oz, Sony could not have made capturing our favorite memories more simple.

Another big convenience

is the huge touch panel LCD screen. The screen is almost 3 inches wide and is just as clear, bright and lucid as the video in which it captures. The fact that it is touch screen does not hurt at all.

This thing truly has everything includng an automatic zoom microhpone which coordinates with the optical zoom of the video camera itself. Therefore, if you zoom in on an image while recording video, you are also zooming in on the sound. Therefore you wil never miss something funny or important that was said.

I’ve found that the microphone works so well that even when I am not able to hear something while recording, I am able to hear it when I watch the playback of the video which is truly amazing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16201936371231/k2311a012/1.2.10