The New Dragon Chinese Restaurant, Dumfries, Scotland  » Restaurants  »
91 English Street, Dumfries, DG1 2DA, Scotland
  • We hadn’t booked ahead, but the restaurant had spare tables so it wasn’t a problem
  • The food was delicious, but we were faced with far too much of it
  • Me and my family were very impressed with this restaurant and would definitely visit it again

• by sampriestley

While in Dumfries, Scotland, recently, me and my family ate in The New Dragon Chinese Restaurant. We hadn’t booked ahead, but the restaurant had spare tables so it wasn’t a problem. It was a Friday night and not particularly busy, so you would probably be ok to walk in and get a table at any time. The staff are mainly Chinese and it was nice to see them taking

our order and writing everything down in Chinese symbols! We found all members of staff in this restaurant to be very helpful and friendly.

The restaurant has a relaxed atmosphere and calming décor with Chinese embroidery and paintings hanging on the walls. The far wall has a large fish tank set into it which the children found nice to look at while we waited for our order. The menu is ...

• extensive and we had no trouble finding dishes we all wanted to eat. My daughters had prawn chow mein and chicken and chips with a side order of chow mein. Me and my husband had lemon chicken and beef in black been sauce. The food was delicious, but we were faced with far too much of it! We hadn’t really bargained for such huge portions and couldn’t finish our
        meals. We tried, as the food really was very good! The New Dragon is reasonably priced and very welcoming and comfortable. It has a fully stocked licensed bar with a small waiting area for take away orders.

Me and my family were very impressed with this restaurant and would definitely visit it again. It is situated on the main street walking into the town and has plenty of shops and bars around it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7201936191231/k2311a012/1.2.10