1999 GMC Jimmy  » Cars  »
  • My husband and I purchased our 1999 GMC Jimmy in August of 2004

• by TCAT
      My husband and I purchased our 1999 GMC Jimmy in August of 2004. It had 116,000 miles on it and was still in great shape. We loved the smallness of the vehicle, but that it could still tow great and had plenty of cargo room.

At the time we had a daughter that was 4 months old. She loved riding in this vehicle.

Perhaps she loved it so much becuase it has a rougher ride than most cars do. The

back seat is a little small, as we now have two children in car seats.

There is plenty of room for the car seats, and I can even sit in between them if the kids need some attention while we are on the road. I am fairly small, and it is pretty tight, but ok for a little while.

We were a bit dissapointed when after 3 months of driving the car, the transmission went out. I don’t know if it ...

• was due to something the previous owner had done, or if the part was just worn out.

Either way it was a unconveinence to us, but other than that the car has worked pretty well. We often complain about the gas consumption, about 19 mpg, which is still fairly decent for a 6 cylinder SUV with 4 wheel drive.

The 4 wheel drive works excellent, the car even has auto 4 wheel drive that you can set it to, which allows the

car to turn on the 4 wheel drive when the tires are beginning to slip. We love that feature, it was one of the selling points for the vehicle.

All the electronic features are wondeful, and have worked very well for us. The seats are comfortable, which is a blessing becuase we often go for trips that are 6 hours long! I don’t really have too many complaints and we have been very pleased with the day to day running of this vehicle!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9210993561030/k2311a0921/9.21.06