Movie Superman  » Movies  »
2.5
  • But, after that, even if you watch it many, many years later, I think you will find yourself wondering why you thought it was a great movie in the first place

• by Review Vigilante

I was watching some movies on TV last night and came across Superman. I hadn’t seen it in a while so I figured I would give the movie (which is almost as old as I am) another chance.

It is still as good today as it was then; which is a compliment and a

bit of an insult too.

Christopher Reeve is good as the title character and there has never been a better Lex Luther than Gene Hackman.

However, the plot is actually a bit too simple for me.

The movie is basically an introduction to Superman and his secret identity Clark Kent.

Most of the movie ...

• is him showing some sort of feat of strength or flying but there isn’t any real action in the film until near the end.

And, I’m sorry, but that whole thing with him reversing time in order to save Lois Lane is a bit too much for me.

Yes, it’s science fiction.

But, even

science fiction has to be somewhat believable and that part of the movie just wasn’t.

The movie is one of those films that is good the first time you watch it.

But, after that, even if you watch it many, many years later, I think you will find yourself wondering why you thought it was a great movie in the first place.

Movie Superman

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113112934880331/k2311a1231/12.31.09