The RCA Opal video Player  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • There are times when I’m not in the mood to have the whole doo whopp in my hands so I go for what I know
  • I bought the RCA Opal Video player for $50 on Amazon, and I’m not sure how I feel about it
  • I like the fact that it’s small and easy to put into my pocket
  • I love the clarity I get whenever I turn it up
  • I don’t use it all the time not as much as I thought I was going to use it

• by crystalowy

There is a huge difference between a media player and a Video player. I wanted a video player that would allow me to play videos whenever IW as bored. There are times when I’m not in the mood to have the whole doo whopp in my hands so I go for what I know. I bought the RCA Opal Video player for $50 on Amazon, and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I mean its ok but it’s not an iphone either. But of course I can’t compare everything to the iphone because that wouldn’t be fair at all.

I’m trying to give the RCA Opal Video Player the benefit of the doubt and that’s what I’m currently doing. I like the fact

that it’s small and easy to put into my pocket. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing though. I mean honestly, since it’s a video player who really wants to have something so small that you can’t even see the screen. This is the mishap that I’m having with this video player.

In most aspect, the RCA Opal video Player would be great but one of the things I like Is the fact that that the headphone mount is located on the TOP of the video player. How tacky is that? First of all most of the time the cord is in my way.

I will admit that the volume on this video player is decent. I love the clarity I get ...

• whenever I turn it up. I have yet to deal with distortion and that is always a plus.

Now another thing I don’t like about this video player is the control pad. They emulate the ipod and I hate the controls of the ipod. I’ve never been a fan of the circular pad. It’s hard for me to use and navigate and I’m not really sure why. MY friends tell me that it’s just me but I don’t think so. I just think it’s stupid how they put it together.

I paid $75 for this video player and I think that it was well worth it, I just wish that it was a bit bigger I would prefer to watch videos on more of a hand

held like video player. I’m not saying that I want it to be huge.

I also like the voice recorder that comes with it, I use the voice recorder all the time. I also like the JPEG photo viewer it has. I can upload pictures to my video player and showcase them to my friends. I really don’t use this feature and could care less about it but it’s great to have .

I plan on passing it on to my son whenever he gets older enough to take care of it. I don’t use it all the time not as much as I thought I was going to use it. It’s decent but it’s not the hottest thing I’ve ever bought, but it’s great for leisure use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 163112934430231/k2311a1231/12.31.09