SanDisk Cruzer USB Drive 512 Mb
  • SanDisk is one of the biggest names in USB drives, and I must say I am very happy with mine
  • I purchased it on sale and got the 512 Mb version for $17.99 (after rebate), not a bad price at all
  • In retrospect, however, I wonder if I should have gotten a larger model

• by James Fleming
      USB drives are wonderful things. SanDisk is one of the biggest names in USB drives, and I must say I am very happy with mine. I purchased it on sale and got the 512 Mb version for $17.

99 (after rebate), not a bad price at all. In retrospect, however, I wonder if I should have gotten a larger model.

While I am mostly saving relatively small documents (where 512 Mb is way more than enough), I feel limited if I am looking to

back up anything else: pictures, larger files, etc. While I haven’t run into any space difficulties yet I somewhat worry about the future of it.

As for the SanDisk Cruzer itself, it is simple to use, easy to store and easy to keep track of. It comes with a lanyard type thing so that you can keep a hold of it, very good considering it is fairly small (although there are smaller USB drives out there).

The actual USB port slides in and ...

• out of the device, so you don’t have to worry about breakage: a big plus for me. I also like the fact it lights up whenever it is plugged in and activated, letting me know that everything is hooked up properly.

When you eject the disk, the light turns off and you know that you can unhook it safely. The SanDisk Cruzer also comes with a U3 launching platform with a lot of little software extras.

I haven’t used any of these. They

are all free trials and I am not really interested in them that much, if they were free forever I would probably be more interested in messing around with them, but they don’t really serve any function for what I use the drive for.

All in all, the SanDisk Cruzer is a pretty solid buy. If you are looking to save a lot of stuff on your drive, you might be better off with the 1 Gb model, but for documents and the like the 512 Mb works just fine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 33200993440530/k2311a0920/9.20.06