Clarins Wonder Volume Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I believe this was $24, which I thought was too steep for a tube of mascara, but come on
  • At first I thought that it would apply really chunky and clumpy due to all the glitter, but honestly, it isn’t bad
  • I got this in the traditional black color, since that just says versatile to me, and the first thing I noticed was that it’s really filled with sparkles
  • I think it’s because the glitters were so fine and tiny, so I didn’t end up looking like someone from the 80s
  • It really thickened my lashes, but wasn’t the best at lengthening

• by Claire

Clarins’ mascaras are always loads of fun and filled with excitement, at least for me. So when I saw this new release at Sephora, obviously, I had to pick it up.

I believe this was $24, which I thought was too steep for a tube of mascara, but come on! It has little glitters all up in it! I am a freak for sparkles and glitters, so I let myself splurge a bit.

At first I thought that it would apply really chunky and clumpy due to all the glitter, but honestly, it isn’t bad.

I got this in the traditional black color, since that just says versatile to me, and the first thing I noticed was that it’s really filled with sparkles! There’s a lot of glitter in that tube.

But as I applied it, they only show up slightly, so I wasn’t left with ...

• silver lashes.

This is totally appropriate for daytime looks, because you only see the glitter when the light hits it, and it makes my lashes look real glossy and sparkly, I just love it.

I think it’s because the glitters were so fine and tiny, so I didn’t end up looking like someone from the 80s.

The formula is great, because it went on smooth, and it also left my lashes really shiny

and glossy.

A bit weird, yes, but I like it because it’s subtle.

It really thickened my lashes, but wasn’t the best at lengthening.

I’m not going to penalize it for that, because this isn’t a lengthening mascara, so plump lashes are what I got.

At the end of the day, it was extremely easy to remove, and I think that this is one of those mascaras that I’d wear when I want something special.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313112934350231/k2311a1231/12.31.09