Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 security software  » Software  »
  • So, I thought it was the time to switch to a newer Antivirus system, and of course
  • Despite the game mode, I think the champion of optimistic resource usage is Norton Internet Security between the 2010 versions of all these three sucessful protection softwares

• by Bulent

Bitdefender, as a security software brand has a very long history with the computers I have used since the year 2002 or 2003. I was using the 7.2 version of Bitdefender Antivirus and it also had a firewall which was very easy to configure for any case you want.

After being very satisfied with the old version of this software, I used it for about 4 years or so. After all, it got old and seemed insufficient againist the new softwares, operating systems and hardwares I installed and it started acting strange. So, I thought it was the time to switch to a newer Antivirus system, and of course; my first choice was Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 which looked really great at first sight.

Well, in fact it still is a good

protection software with a user-friendly interface, very cool features and a strong protection ability. However, there is something wrong with how it operates. I mean maybe it is about compatibility or maybe it is Bitdefender Antivirus 2010 itself consuming system resources more than it should.

The protection of Bitdefender is one of the top 3 in the charts I have seen on two PC magazines, in addition, it provides protection againist rootkit viruses which are really hard to deal with. While most of the well known protection softwares fail in providing a sufficient protection in that field, Bitdefender is a good one between all those.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 also has some other cool features of course. As an Internet Security package, it includes a firewall as well and I saw that ...

• the firewall was a well imporved version of the old version. It still has the simplicity in itself, it still gives you the power of controlling and setting everything, but also it is more advanced.

One new feature I liked about Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 is, the “Home Network” feature that it includes. “Home Network” makes it possible to manage the protection status of all the computers in a network. That means you can access the settings of other computers in your network, you can make them updte the Bitdefender virus databases with one click, you can even start a virus scan on other computers from yours. This feature might be very useful for people who have more than one computers at home.

Just like Kaspersky Internet Security and Norton Internet Security,

I couldn’t use Windows 7 home group features after installing the software and even making the firewall corrections didn’t fix anything. I still don’t understand why that happens, but before installing any of these softwares I was able to use Windows 7 home network features.

As I have stated before, Bitdefender Internet Security doesn’t seem to be the software which uses the computer resources most economically, but at least it has a game mode available which will allow you to play your games uninterrupted. It won’t make any scans in that mode and also will be using less resources to make your game run more smoothly.

Despite the game mode, I think the champion of optimistic resource usage is Norton Internet Security between the 2010 versions of all these three sucessful protection softwares.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 303112934170231/k2311a1231/12.31.09