Ultra ISO 9.3 software  » Software  »
  • Ultra ISO is my favourite CD – DVD image recording, editing , CD – DVD ROM Drive emulator and even a cd-dvd burning software
  • I think it is most useful for the people who likes to create custom operating system installation packages or recovery tool dvd or cds
  • After using all these product, I found Ultra ISO as the most functional and the simplest of its kind
  • It is also fully compatible with Windows 7 and never causes any problem
  • This software is capable of doing the job of 3 seperate softwares, so I believe it is extremely a fair price

• by Bulent

Ultra ISO is my favourite CD – DVD image recording, editing , CD – DVD ROM Drive emulator and even a cd-dvd burning software. As you can understand from this sentence, Ultra ISO is capable of doing many things with only a few clicks.

What is so special about Ultra ISO?

Ultra ISO is a very powerful tool to work with ISO files. You can edit ISO files as you like. Just open an ISO file with this software, then delete or add whatever you like to the virtual dvd (or cd) image and just save the file. It will save (rewrite) the ISO very quickly and your updated ISO is ready! It is that easy.

In the other hand, you can use this software as a vritual dvd player emulator. This is how I play most of my games. As it is important to keep the original disks secure and unscratched, I find it risky to take the disk out all the

time and insert it to the drive. With Ultra ISO, I create an iso image of the dvd, then look for a no-cd fix on the internet. After that, I keep the disk in my case, nearly forever for most of the games I play.

After creating the iso file with UltraISO, I just rightclick and on the file and mount it to virtual drive which is also a feature of this software. Then, I can use the disk just like the original one. It is possible to install programs, use the autorun features of the cd if they are available as well.

You can also build bootable image files. I haven’t done this yet but I saw the option in the menu. I think it is most useful for the people who likes to create custom operating system installation packages or recovery tool dvd or cds.

What else could you expect from such a software? I will answer it myself: Ultra ...

• ISO even burns real disks for you and it does that job really well! Unlike Nero, I haven’t yet experienced any unexplainable errors or burning restrictions of some disks. Just open your image file and click “burn to disk” to use this function. Personally, I use it for burning anything to a cd or dvd. First, I create an image file of what I am planning to burn, then I use Ultra ISO to burn the image to actual cd or dvd.

The number of file formats supported by Ultra ISO is also great. You can work with ISO, BIN, MDS, DAA, ISZ, UIF, HFS, CIF, IMG, NRG, CCD, UIF, BWI and possibly even more.

One more thing I would like to add, I used many other virtual drive softwares and iso editors before including Daemon Tools, Alcohol, Power ISO and Magic ISO… After using all these product, I found Ultra ISO as the most functional and the simplest of its kind.

In addition, Ultra ISO works with great performance. It is also fully compatible with Windows 7 and never causes any problem. Once I had to reformat my hard drive due to a failed installation of one of the other virtual drives or iso editors. Working on the iso files has never been that easy before.

Additionally, this software uses the system resources very economically when compared to other programs doing the same job. Also, you don’t have to keep it running in the system tray to do anything. It is always possible to insert your cd-dvd images to your virtual drive from the right click menu, and the virtual drive will still be available. Plus, It won’t cause any delays and lock ups in your computer.

The Premium version of Ultra ISO costs about $30 and I think it is definetely worth to buy it. This software is capable of doing the job of 3 seperate softwares, so I believe it is extremely a fair price.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 303112934160231/k2311a1231/12.31.09