AT&T Cellular Service
  • My initial experience with AT&T cellular services over the first two years went really well
  • I was very disappointed that AT& T did not advise me that my bill was increasing to that extent
  • I do agree that I did have that option, but I also remember that T-Mobile would shut off my phone when I went over what they considered my spend able amount
  • Overall I would recommend AT&T cellular services for they pretty much stick to the penny on the rate plan you have selected

• by Breezewriter

I have had Cellular Service with AT&T for about three years now. For the most part their service is trustworthy and I really would not want to receive cellular service from any other service provider than AT&T. However, there are some downfalls to AT&T like probably with any other cellular service provider. My initial experience with AT&T cellular services over the first two years went really well. They honored a discount provided by my employer, which discounted my monthly bill by twenty percent.

Most of my family and friends were already contracted with AT&T, so it made perfect sense for me to switch from T-Mobile to AT&T for the mobile to mobile calling feature. I was not seeing a lot of overage or additional unexpected fees on my monthly bill either. Pretty much my bill was exactly the same month after month, and I was pleased with AT&T’s consistency. I can remember with other cellular service companies how every month my bill would be a different amount, and each month it would get higher and higher, and I got to

the point that I became afraid to open my cell phone bill.

I had to prepare myself each month for the possibility that the cell phone bill had hit the roof and I may be possibly facing disconnection. I came to the conclusion that this was not a positive way to live, and I then made the switch to AT&T. I really was partial to AT&T from the beginning because they have been around so long providing long distance service through landlines and I have never heard a bad report about them. Recently I became involved in some personal issues that required me to spend a lot of time on my cell phone trying to work things out.

I knew that I would have some overage but I did not know how much. When I got my bill from AT&T last month I was outraged. My bill went from fifty five dollars a month to three hundred and ninety six dollars. I called customer service at AT&T cellular services to discuss this huge amount of money due for approximately six ...

• hundred additional minutes used on my phone that month.

After averaging it out, I realized that I would be paying eight months of phone bills for that one month. I was very disappointed that AT& T did not advise me that my bill was increasing to that extent. Their response was that I should have gone online and checked my minutes. I do agree that I did have that option, but I also remember that T-Mobile would shut off my phone when I went over what they considered my spend able amount.

I used to hate that about T-Mobile, but now I understand and appreciate what they were doing for me. Anyway, I was able to negotiate with AT&T to reduce and discount my balance if I were to select a higher calling plan which would increase my monthly bill by ten dollars. AT&T ended up discounting my bill by two hundred and seventeen dollars. They added an additional charge of thirty seven dollars for a plan change in the middle of a billing cycle.

I did not find

this out until I received my bill this month. I would have liked them to advise me of such, but it’s okay being I received such a huge chunk of my bill be dropped. The only thing that I do not agree with regarding cellular service with AT&T is with the double billing on text messages. I am billed for all incoming and outgoing texts, but I am told this holds true for all cellular services with any cell phone company.

I also found out that with AT&T cellular services I am billed for text messages at twenty cents a text, even if I do not have this feature on my phone and someone sends me a text. This is a bit absurd, to be billed for something you do not have added to your plan, and for something you will not ever read. Overall I would recommend AT&T cellular services for they pretty much stick to the penny on the rate plan you have selected. They will also work with you, when you go over your minutes because they do not want to lose any of their customers.

AT&T Cellular Service

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 223112934050131/k2311a1231/12.31.09