Dr. Scholl’s for Her Miracle Shield  » Health  »
  • Unfortunately, their shoes aren't very comfortable at all
  • I had read about a body glide product to prevent chaffing, and had even tried it for another problem I was experiencing, but it didn't work on the heel quite as effectively
  • Then I found Dr. Scholl's for Her Miracle Shield
  • I bought a new pair of shoes a few days ago, and they are a bit tight because I have wide feet, but I know they'll stretch out a bit, and I applied this product to the areas around the sides of my feet near my toes where the shoe was the tightest and felt no discomfort at all the first day
  • I keep this product with me at all times and though I rarely need to re-apply it throughout the day, I know it's there in case I do

• by Anasuya

About a year and a half ago, I started a new job for the first time in seven years. I had been spending all my time at home raising my kids, and the most stress my feet ever saw where the occassional tennis shoe or flip-flop use when running to the store or partaking of an outdoor activity. Even when I worked prior to having my kids, it was always a desk job and my feet never felt really stressed at all.

But my job now is a retail job, and I’m on my feet all the time. It’s a casual/dress work environment, so I obviously can’t go to work wearing comfy tennis shoes, and I work at a shoe store, so it’s highly encouraged that we

wear their products.

Unfortunately, their shoes aren’t very comfortable at all. I have pretty oddly shaped feet I’ve discovered, and one of the biggest problems I’ve run across wearing most of their flats or heels is that it rubs me at all the wrong places.

The most troublesome spots are always both sides of the feet near the toes, where the bone is, and on the heel. Even when I use a heel cushion in my shoes to help raise my foot up a bit, the shoe always still rubs on the back of my heel and I end up with endless amounts of blisters.

I’ve tried taping huge bandaids to the back of my feet, but these tend to work themselves loose after only an hour and it’s a frustrating process to keep putting on new bandaids constantly to prevent blisters, and they aren’t all that attractive either.

I had read about a body glide product to prevent chaffing, and had even tried it for another problem I was experiencing, but it didn’t work on the heel quite as effectively.

Then I found Dr. Scholl’s for Her Miracle Shield.

You rub it on to the trouble areas, and mine was mostly the heel more than anything else, and then it dries to a powder like feel and is supposed to create a sort of powder cushion between your shoe and your foot and prevent chaffing and blisters from occuring. So I applied it and put on my usual pair of work flats.

Normally,

• Dr. Scholl's for Her Miracle Shield
      about an hour or two into my shift, I would start feeling the soreness that would usually end up with a blister forming on my heel, but I actually didn’t feel any discomfort at all, not all day! At the end of the day, I had a bit of redness on my heel, but no blisters and it wasn’t uncomfortable and didn’t hurt at all. I couldn’t believe how well this product worked, and it has been like a godsend for my feet.

I can’t count the number of days I’d come home from work practically limping around the house, and this kind of problem with my feet eventually lead to back pain as well, because I was always favoring my feet to prevent pain and would

walk funny as a result. Now I don’t have to do any of that.

I bought a new pair of shoes a few days ago, and they are a bit tight because I have wide feet, but I know they’ll stretch out a bit, and I applied this product to the areas around the sides of my feet near my toes where the shoe was the tightest and felt no discomfort at all the first day. I almost always experience one day of serious pain until I break a new pair of shoes in, but that wasn’t a problem at all.

I keep this product with me at all times and though I rarely need to re-apply it throughout the day, I know it’s there in case I do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343112933820131/k2311a1231/12.31.09