Creative Muvo 128MB MP3 Player
  • It has been a long time since I bought it and it is still working like a clock and moreover, I haven’t noticed any difference from its performance since the first time
  • There is also a 256MB model of this product and I think it would give the same performance in other areas
  • The disadvantages of this product is not only the capacity
  • I highly recommend using long life alcaline batteries or again, long life high quality rechargable batteries
  • This is a big problem for that kind of a small capacity player because I recoded many sounds to AAC format so they became smaller but didn’t lose lots of quality

• by Bulent

I have been using a creative Muvo USB MP3 Player for ages now. It has been a long time since I bought it and it is still working like a clock and moreover, I haven’t noticed any difference from its performance since the first time.

Creative is a specialist when it comes to audio products and Creative Muvo Mp3 player is one of the evidences of this. If you use it with an original creativ e (or another high quality earphone) earphones, you will feel the ultimate sound quality from that old little device.

However, there is nothing to talk about its capacity. As you can see it is a 128 MB

product which can only store about 30 songs. There is also a 256MB model of this product and I think it would give the same performance in other areas.

What I liked so much about this MP3 player is, when I compared it with a 2GB model of Creative Neon 2 which is much newer and can play video files. Creative Muvo don’t have a screen on it, only a led. It looks extremely useless at first sight but I just can’t feel the liveliness of the music when I use Neon 2 for example. Creative Muvo makes you feel every detail of what you are listening, and the output volume

can go up to higher level than many newer players.

The disadvantages of this product is not only the capacity. Also, it works with one AAA sized battery and a usual battery goes for about 2 or 3 hours which is not enough for me at all. You will have to buy new batteries everyday if you don’t have rechargable ones and it will cause lots of pollution and it is another work which you won’t want to do everytime.

I highly recommend using long life alcaline batteries or again, long life high quality rechargable batteries. They will save you from buying new batteries everyday and also cause less pollution, and will ...

• Creative Muvo 128MB MP3 Player
      cost less in long term usage.

Another disadvantage of this product is, it is incompatibility with AAC formatted sound files. This is a big problem for that kind of a small capacity player because I recoded many sounds to AAC format so they became smaller but didn’t lose lots of quality. I would enjoy changing MP3 files to AAC format and store 2 times more number of files than usual in 128MB of capacity, if only it could play those.

Also, you won’t be able to store the files in folders. It won’t play the files which are in folders, so mixing all the songs in the root directory, would mess

the things up in a larger capacity player as there would be hundreds of songs, but it doesn’t cause lots of problems while you can store only about 30 songs at once.

To be honest, I can say this product won’t be enough for todays people’s needs while there are 32 GB players out there with great capabilities. However, if you find one it is for sure it will be very cheap and it will serve well for short time needs, especially if you need to listen or play some specific thing from it. As I have mentioned, I am very satisfied with the sound quality and durability, but this is all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162912933001031/k2311a1229/12.29.09