Sudafed OM Sinus Congestion Moisturizing Nasal Spray  » Medicine  »
  • But when I found the Sudafed nasal spray, I knew I had to try it out
  • It's gone from being a problem for a few months during the fall every year, to being pretty much year round now
  • Though I like how fast-acting nasal sprays are, there's always that uncomfortable medicated burning in the nasal cavity that turns me away from those products
  • Unfortunately, and like so many other products, it doesn't last the amount of time it says its' supposed to
  • I'll definitely be using this product again

• by Anasuya

I used to love Sudafed products. It was one of the few products that actually worked effectively to treat my congestion due to sinus problems and allergies. Then they changed the formula (because people were using it to make home-made illegal drugs), and it just never worked the same. But when I found the Sudafed nasal spray, I knew I had to try it out.

I’ve suffered from consistent allergies for about the past nine years. And, each year, it seems to get progressively worse. It’s gone from being a problem for a few months during the fall every year, to being pretty much year round now.

Though the severity of the allergies and congestion is lessened a bit, it’s still a daily problem, especially in the early morning hours and at night, at

night being the worst of all. Sometimes, the nighttime congestion is so bad that my sleeping is interrupted, or my husband’s sleeping is interrupted, because I snore or toss and turn or I’m sniffling all night and he just can’t sleep through it, poor guy. I’ve tried all kinds of prescription and over-the-counter medications, but none of them have been super effective, or they make me too drowsy to function.

Sudafed products made me drowsy, but at least they worked before they changed the formula, but with a spray, I figured drowsiness was the least of my worries. It’s an affordable spray, too, at just about $7 a bottle, and it seems to go a long way. I was excited to try a new Sudafed product after all these years without using it.

The ...

• first thing that appealed to me about this spray was that it was a twelve hour spray. All too often, I see these sprays that require use every two hours or, at best, every four hours. My prescription spray was a twelve hour spray, but I was lucky if it worked for three hours, so figured it couldn’t hurt to try this out, and it was certainly cheaper, even with my medical insurance.

Though I like how fast-acting nasal sprays are, there’s always that uncomfortable medicated burning in the nasal cavity that turns me away from those products. But this Sudafed spray didn’t have any uncomfortable side-effects like that, and it DID work immediately. The minute I used the spray, the congestion was lessened, and within another five minutes or so, the congestion

was gone almost completely.

Unfortunately, and like so many other products, it doesn’t last the amount of time it says its’ supposed to… more like five or six hours, but that’s still a much better time frame than anything else I’ve found, even using a tablet and spray together. So, because of that alone, I was highly pleased with the product. I tend to use it mostly when the congestion is at its worst, which is the early morning and late night hours, and I find that it really helps me get moving for the day ahead and helps me relax enough to get some uninterrupted sleep at night.

No more snoring that keeps the husband awake til all hours. I’ll definitely be using this product again. Glad to see Sudafed put something new out that works.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262912932871031/k2311a1229/12.29.09