Slimquick berry dietary supplement
  • So, when I reached the lowest of lows with my weight, I decided the easiest thing to do would be to make small changes to start with
  • I found the slimquick berry drink mix in the grocery store, and figured it wasn't any more expensive than any other drink mix
  • It is $15 a box, for 20 packets, but since most boxes of mixes only come with six packets and cost almost $5, I figured I was saving money, and who doesn't like a berry flavor, right
  • After the second week, I did notice that I was starting to feel better, including sleeping better, and I bought a second box and did it for another two weeks
  • Not bad at all if you ask me, and I think it's definitely a good way for someone to start making serious changes in their life, though they shouldn't rely on this for all their weight loss needs

• by Anasuya

Several years ago, I experienced a pretty bad rough patch in my life after making a rather dramatic move, and went through a period of depression that took me a year to get myself out of. But, because of that depression, which I ate my way through, I ended up putting on fifty pounds. That’s a lot of weight to put on in just a matter of a year, and it was showing and I could really feel it. I was already heavy-set before this, and those fifty pounds really set me over the edge.

I have two children, who were nine and seven at the time, and it was devestating to watch them play and not have the energy to join them outside for an opportunity to play catch with them, or run with the frisbie, or just plan RUN. I hated missing out on those pivitol moments in their life because I was too tired, too out of breathe, just plain too unhealthy to do otherwise. So, when I reached the lowest of lows with my weight, I

decided the easiest thing to do would be to make small changes to start with.

The first change I made was to cut soda out of my diet entirely and drink nothing but water. I was drinking close to a gallon of water a day, and was already feeling better, just after two weeks. But, drinking nothing but water can be really monotonous, and I went on a search for a drink mix that would spice things up a bit, but not add unnecessary calories to my dietary changes.

I found the slimquick berry drink mix in the grocery store, and figured it wasn’t any more expensive than any other drink mix. It is $15 a box, for 20 packets, but since most boxes of mixes only come with six packets and cost almost $5, I figured I was saving money, and who doesn’t like a berry flavor, right?

The box came with a recipe book, which was nice, even if I do hate to cook, and it said that it would help with a variety of issues such as ...

• stress, water retention and out-of-whack hormones. It was also supposed to be an appetite suppressant and boost metabolism, which couldn’t hurt, right? The package said to take one packet in the morning, with a full glass of water, and one at night, for the first week.

During week two, you are supposed to take two in the morning and two at night. Actually, it was more like in the afternoon, because you aren’t supposed to take it five hours before sleep. I guess it’s because of the caffiene in it, though I’m not sure since the package didn’t specify.

It says to mix one packet in a 16 oz bottle of water, but even that is strong, so I ended up having to mix it with a bigger bottle of water than that, otherwise the taste was a bit too strong for me and bordered on unpleasant, surprisingly enough. But if it was watered down sufficiently, it tasted fine. And because I was drinking almost 25 ounces of water with each packet, I was pretty much getting my water in

for the day by week two, when four packets a day were required.

As a long-time coffee drinker, caffiene doesn’t really affect me, so I can’t say I felt any energetic boost, but it DID help curb my appetite. I found that, if I drank this in the morning about an hour before breakfast, that I would eat half what I would normally eat. I was cutting the amoutn of food I was ingesting basically without even noticing it.

After the second week, I did notice that I was starting to feel better, including sleeping better, and I bought a second box and did it for another two weeks. At the end of the month, just from drinking water and these packets and cutting back on the amount of food I was eating (not necessarily the kinds of food- that came later), I managed to lose 10 pounds. Not bad at all if you ask me, and I think it’s definitely a good way for someone to start making serious changes in their life, though they shouldn’t rely on this for all their weight loss needs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342912932841031/k2311a1229/12.29.09