Benecol Smart Chews, Caramel Canister  » Health  »
  • Several years ago, I unfortunately managed to put on quite a bit of weight
  • I was shocked to discover, after several tests, that not only was my weight an issue, I also had an elevated cholesterol level that my doctor said was bordering on dangerous
  • It took some doing to convince her that I wasn't seeing another doctor behind her back and taking prescription medication to treat the problem, because she'd never seen such a dramatic improvement from natural remedies before
  • It was definitely a worthy investment, and I highly recommend this product to anyone suffering from bordering cholesterol problems

• by Anasuya

Several years ago, I unfortunately managed to put on quite a bit of weight. There were a lot of factors behind it, mostly stress related, and as a result of the weight gain and unhealthy lifestyle choices, I was shocked when it sent me to the doctor. I was experiencing a whole variety of health problems including sleep disorders due to my weight gain, not being able to catch my breath, a rapid heartbeat, so forth and so on. It scared me enough to get me into the doctor after a few years not having gone for any reason at all.

I was shocked to discover, after several tests, that not only was my weight an issue, I also had an elevated cholesterol level that my doctor said was bordering on dangerous. It was still at a stage that I could control without medication if I watched what I was eating and started

an exercise and diet program, and that’s exactly what I did. I managed to whip myself into some semblance of shape, and lost fifty-five pounds in a matter of just a few months, and was watching what I ate and eating very healthy even when I was eating out.

But one thing I did to help control and reduce the cholesterol levels was investing in some Benecol Smart Chews. They taste like caramel chews, so I was getting my sweet tooth fix, and they didn’t derail me from my diet, which was good too.

You just take two to four chews a day with meals.

I was taking four a day, eating one with every light meal. I discovered during this process that eating smaller meals, but more often, was the way to go, which is why I ended up taking four instead of three. They were pretty expensive, at about $25 for ...

• a box of 120, but this lasted me the first three months of my new lifestyle and dietary change.

It has some plant derivatives that are natural and safe, and the chews, like I said, really tasted great. Before taking this product, my bad cholesterol levels were at almost 140, which was very high and I really didn’t like the idea of having to resort to medication to treat the condition if I didn’t have to. I used these tablets until they were gone, and then made another appointment with my doctor.

I had all the same tests done. She was amazed I had lost 35 pounds in that three month period and had already made such a dramatic change in my life. A cholesterol and potential heart-disease scare can do that to a person, you know.

And when she ran my cholesterol tests, my bad cholesterol was down from 140 to about

83. I couldn’t believe the difference, and neither could my doctor. It took some doing to convince her that I wasn’t seeing another doctor behind her back and taking prescription medication to treat the problem, because she’d never seen such a dramatic improvement from natural remedies before.

I told her it was the plant sterols in the caramel chews that I was taking, and it was recommended to me by my sister-in-law who is a nurse. She too has cholesterol issues and had been taking the chews for a couple months herself with similar results. And, since I was changing my diet and eating right, I didn’t have to worry about continuing the costly investment with the chews, and I just had to maintain the good cholesterol levels by continuing to eat right.

It was definitely a worthy investment, and I highly recommend this product to anyone suffering from bordering cholesterol problems. Try this before taking medication!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342912932821031/k2311a1229/12.29.09