Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency Gadsden, AL  » Insurance  »
1.0
108 South 5th Street, Gadsden, AL 35901
  • Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency is a local insurance company in Gadsden, AL that promises to provide low cost and affordable car insurance
  • I decided to call around to get some insurance quotes
  • Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency gave me an amazing quote that was almost too good to be true
  • I was definitely surprised by a liability car insurance quote for $30 a month with a $50 down payment
  • To be honest, I believe Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency’s focus is just on getting money

• by simply_fabulous

Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency is a local insurance company in Gadsden, AL that promises to provide low cost and affordable car insurance. And that is exactly what the insurance is- cheap.

I was a college student looking for car insurance. In the state of Alabama, every driver is required to have at the very least liability automobile insurance. I decided to call around to get some insurance quotes. My family used to have Kerry Wilson Insurance a long time ago so I decided to give the company a call. Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency works like Progressive. It gives you a list of quotes from insurance carriers that they work with such as Safeway. I am in my early twenties, and

I have had one wreck that was a one car crash. Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency gave me an amazing quote that was almost too good to be true. I was definitely surprised by a liability car insurance quote for $30 a month with a $50 down payment. I told my mother about the quote, and she accompanied me the next day to the insurance company.

The office of Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency is definitely no frills. The waiting room is slightly larger than a restroom at Wal-Mart. There is a machine where you can buy snacks and a few chairs to sit in. When I arrived there, I told them my name, and they pulled up my information. The ...

• woman who was attending to me asked me for the price that they quoted me on the phone. Although the price that I ended up paying for the insurance was higher, I decided to go ahead and get the insurance because I was already there.

To be honest, I believe Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency’s focus is just on getting money. The company takes no pictures of the car nor does it verify the car’s condition because they hope that your insurance will lapse. I did not even get a real insurance card. The woman from the insurance company printed me out a sheet of paper off of the computer that looked like a first grader made it in art class.

Maybe

a week later, I received my first bill in the mail that stated my policy was past due. I did not understand why because I had purchased the car insurance a week before, and I had also paid the full balance on my insurance policy. Because the customer service at Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency is so horrible, I question whether the company would even pay a customer in the event that he or she has a wreck. I would advise anyone thinking of using Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency for car insurance to save their money and go somewhere else. Although the car insurance at Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency is cheap, customers end up receiving far less than what they paid for in the end.

Kerry Wilson Insurance Agency Gadsden, AL
    Kerry Wilson says :

I do not know why this person was upset. I do not know this person`s name. If he she will contact me, I will be happy to research and answer his her questions. Fist, if the final price came back different than we quoted on the phone, it was only because when we issued the policy, additional tickets accidents were revealed that this person did not disclose to us on the phone when he she called for the quote. Next, this person mentioned Safeway, so I assume that Safeway is the company that we issued the policy through. Safeway bills on a monthly cycle and a monthly - month - to -month policy is issued. The policy expires at 12 01 am one month from the issue date. the bill states a due date 5 days prior to the expiration date, but this is only a reminder date. As long as the bill is paid one day prior to the expiration date, the policy will not lapse. The bill is sent out 10 days prior to the expiration date. In no case will the bill be sent out one week after the issue date. This statement is exaggerated. What does the restrooms at Wal-Mart have to do with anything? We do not take photos of Liability only vehicles. If this was a 30 per month quote, this was a liability only policy, and we do not inspect the vehicle. We do however take photos of all vehicles that are being insured for full coverage. We have over 20,000 photos on file dating back to 1997. Do you want to see them? I can assure you that we do give the best service for any agency our size. This is not just my opinion, it is the opinion of many satisfied customers and all of our Companies and Company reps. Do you know of another agency or business that can produce a photo and application from a vehicle that they insured 13 years ago? If you have a problem, please come in and talk to me. If you want to insure with us again, We will waive the down payment and just charge you the 30 first month payment. I would appreciate it if you would remove your negative review. I can`t see that we did anything wrong, or harmed you in anyway. Thank you, Kerry Wilson

Simply_Fabulous replies :

I am a proud American and I believe in the spirit of capitalism. I have a choice where I would like to spend my money and the idea of frequenting a business that I do not feel comfortable with was a decision that I made. My review was accurate and based on my experience with your company. The details that I gave in my review are meant to give anyone considering insuring with your company my perspective. I did not exaggerate anything. I made my payment the down payment and the first month payment and received a bill about a week later that stated that my policy was past due. I am an educated young woman and I certainly understand that a quote is just that- a quote. However, once again, I shared that information because, once again, that was my experience. I decided to change insurance companies mostly due to the billing situation. I feel, especially in cases where personal business such as car insurance is involved, that communication and a solid relationship between both the company and consumer is important. Once again, I decided to change to a different insurance company that I felt would meet and suit my needs. Does the bathrooms in Wal-Mart have anything to do with whether or not a person chooses to shop there- maybe. There are plenty of people who do not shop in Wal-Mart because they do not condone their business practices. There are also plenty of people who do not shop there because they prefer local or family owned businesses. A person may not shop at a restaurant because of the cleanliness or customer service. My decision not to no longer be a customer at your business was, once again, my decision. Best wishes for you and your company in the future but I politely decline your offer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 582912932671031/k2311a1229/12.29.09