Tarte Ready to Wear Palette  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love Tarte, because it’s one of those brands that keep on churning out great products at affordable prices
  • I got this palette a couple years back, and I forget how much it cost at the time, but it was definitely around $40
  • A bit steep, but it comes with such amazing colors and products that I just had to have it
  • It adds so much depth, but I learned to be careful when using it, because if I apply too much without blending, it’ll look like I got beat up
  • I enjoyed creating my own colors of lipstick, which is why palettes are so much more versatile

• by Claire

I love Tarte, because it’s one of those brands that keep on churning out great products at affordable prices. I got this palette a couple years back, and I forget how much it cost at the time, but it was definitely around $40. A bit steep, but it comes with such amazing colors and products that I just had to have it.

As usual, the colors were pigmented and creamy, but when I first applied them, it seemed like they were going

to be too ashy on me. It was just too gray and purple for my skin tone.

But after some adjustments, and some more blending, it started to look pretty nice. My favorite color in there is the shimmery and glittery deep purple shadow.

It adds so much depth, but I learned to be careful when using it, because if I apply too much without blending, it’ll look like I got beat up. Not a good look on me.

The lipsticks that ...

• come with the palette are really pretty, because they’re sheer, so it allows me to layer colors. I enjoyed creating my own colors of lipstick, which is why palettes are so much more versatile.

I can see how all the colors work together, so I’m never afraid of blending wrong colors. Y’all know what looks crazy good? The blush.

It has all these little glitter particles all up in it, and I’m a sucker for any glitter. It looks pretty in the

pan and on my face.

On the skin it’s not as obviously, but it gives me a slight sheen that’s really nice under the light. In terms of versatility and usefulness, this palette was a great buy.

However, I can’t apply any of them quickly, and I can’t rush, so it makes this an evening palette when I actually have time to do my makeup. A bit annoying, but I’m not likely to wear deep purple to work anyway, so it’s all good!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312912932611031/k2311a1229/12.29.09