Gipsy Gold – soft aperitif
  • I don’t usually like bitter products but here in Italy everyone drinks soft aperitifs so I decided to try the out too, when they were on discount, of course
  • So I bought Gipsy Gold, 10 bottles of this soft aperitif for 1.19Euro only instead of 1,49Euro
  • I know that it is supposed to be bitter and that it is of a very good quality because the taste is rather intensive and it doesn’t taste artificial or cheap although it us cheap

• by lorelai

I don’t usually like bitter products but here in Italy everyone drinks soft aperitifs so I decided to try the out too, when they were on discount, of course. So I bought Gipsy Gold, 10 bottles of this soft aperitif for 1.

19Euro only instead of 1,49Euro.

I must say that I hate it.

I really hate it.

It is bitter, but so bitter I

can barely drink it.

It is a sparkling drink, like tonic but much more bitter than a tonic.

Actually I don’t like tonics either.

This drink tastes like orange but an orange that has never seen a ray of sun.

It is of a pale orange colour and the fragrance of it is bitter itself.

I know that it is supposed to be bitter ...

• and that it is of a very good quality because the taste is rather intensive and it doesn’t taste artificial or cheap although it us cheap.

I tried to drink it with red vine and it was OK but I can barely drink it alone.

The fact is that it is bitter and sweet in the same time so if it wasn’t so bitter

the sweet orange taste would be excellent.

I really doubt I will buy this product ever again, not because it is lousy but because I can’t stand the bitterness, I have a neighbour how likes this drink a lot so I will give what’s left to him.

Although I must say that I really adore these 1dl glass bottles this drink comes in because they are very useful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272812932280531/k2311a1228/12.28.09