Whole Foods 365 Organic Everyday Value Pie Crust
  • Now the pie crust is not terrible, it is actually pretty decent, but it is not worth three dollars in my opinion
  • When I am eating a pie, I like to look forward to the crust
  • With this crust, I can say that I mildly enjoyed it, but I was not eagerly chomping down on the pie in anticipation of the great tasting crust
  • That is not something that is easy to pull off, and I was definitely pleased with that aspect of the pie crust
  • If the flavor had been better, I may have considered buying it again with a coupon or sale, but I think I am just going to avoid it, sale or not

• by GenesisOne

I tried Whole Foods 365 Organic Everyday Value Pie Crust once when it was on sale. The regular price is nearly three dollars and I am real glad that I did not pay regular price! Now the pie crust is not terrible, it is actually pretty decent, but it is not worth three dollars in my opinion.

The reason I do not feel that it is not worth three

dollars is because the flavor the crust is pretty so-so.

It is basically plain crust and that is it.

However, I have had just regular pie crust before, and regular pie crust can be pretty flaky and buttery.

While I would attribute flakiness to this pie crust, it really is not that buttery in flavor and is a little on the drab side.

When I am eating a pie,

• I like to look forward to the crust.

With this crust, I can say that I mildly enjoyed it, but I was not eagerly chomping down on the pie in anticipation of the great tasting crust.

I do like though that the crust did not fall apart real easily.

It was resilient, yet still crunchy.

That is not something that is easy to pull off, and I was definitely

pleased with that aspect of the pie crust.

Still, I am not real comfortable shelling out three dollars for one pie crust when really, at best, this pie crust is slightly above average thanks to the flakiness and crunchiness of the crust.

If the flavor had been better, I may have considered buying it again with a coupon or sale, but I think I am just going to avoid it, sale or not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272812932050431/k2311a1228/12.28.09