Samsung SyncMaster 953BW - 19″ - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD display
  • It is nearly as crisp and clear as the screen on my imac, a screen often touted as one of the best around
  • Given that you can now get these screens for close to one hundred dollars, I think it is an absolute bargain

• by JB Haglund

I used to have a roommate who got me to purchase all kinds of gadgets that I didn’t really need, and at one point we saw this monitor on sale at buy.com for about 150 bucks after some rebate so we both purchased one. I used it for a while as a second monitor along with my laptop at work, but now actually use it at home with a second computer.

For the money, I have been super pleased with its

performance. It is nearly as crisp and clear as the screen on my imac, a screen often touted as one of the best around. It’s refresh rate makes it super for watching movies as well as playing games, etc. The set up was super easy, and the form factor is absolutely the best.

One of the things I most appreciated about it out of the box was the really simple style of it and the way that it was ...

• so easy to set up. It is just about as thin as anything you can get these days and there is a nice cover on the back that hides the connections so it looks smooth and I didn’t mind the back being exposed for everyone to see. After using a flat screen display that had the big bulbous behind on it, having one of these actual flat-panel LCDs was really quite a nice treat.

Given that you can now get

these screens for close to one hundred dollars, I think it is an absolute bargain. Samsung has a good quality reputation so I tend to trust it a bit more than Viewsonic and some of the other brands that often have monitors on sale at slightly lower prices for a similar size. I think the extra twenty to thirty dollars is worth it to have something that you know is good quality and you can depend on it for years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162812932020431/k2311a1228/12.28.09