Resident Evil 5
  • The Co-operative gameplay has brought a new experience to RE series
  • Otherwise I was already being bored with it until I learnt I was getting close to find out something really interesting

• by Bulent

Resident Evil series has been a legendary game series for PC and console gamers. I have played Resident Evil, Resident Evil 3, 4 and 5. CAPCOM have done a great job with Resident Evil series and they kept it up in Resident Evil 5 too.

In Resident Evil 5, you are in control of Chris, the main character and your buddy is Sheva who is an African and an expert on Biological weapons and has great fighting, surviving skills just like Chris.

Resident Evil 5 is played as a Co-Op game. The story is not very different from the older games, it still has something with biological weapons, experiements and a disasterous result.

The people of Kijuju are turning into brainless zombies with the effect of a similar biological weapon, and you begin the game in the middle of a similar situation like other games.

I don’t want to talk so much about the story of the game as it is to be played and learnt from the game, I will talk about what I felt about the gameplay and how satisfactory it is.

The Co-operative gameplay has brought a new experience to RE series. You and Sheva are together in all the scenes and the acrobatic structure of Sheva shows its advantages in some situations. However, the game cannot be considered as a horror

game like the older ones. Personally, I felt I was playing an action game with lack of precise controls.

This is what I don’t like with any of the RE games and if you have not played any Resident Evil games, then I have to warn you for the diffucilty of the controls. The control scheme hasn’t changed a lot since the first version of the game and when the tempo is raised, the control system makes the things harder for you.

Despite a low performance control system, Resident Evil 5 is still a good game with excellent graphical quality. The repetitive gameplay is still there, but concentrating on the realism of ...

• Resident Evil 5
      the graphics will make you forget about those things.

The story is a little different than the older ones as Chris remembers more about his old partner, Jill Valentine. As you already might know, Jill Valentine is one of the main character of the RE series but doesn’t appear in the latest game and you have Sheva instead. However, as the game progresses you will learn more about your partner and that makes the story attractive. Otherwise I was already being bored with it until I learnt I was getting close to find out something really interesting.

The game can be played with Geforce 9800GT and E7400 (2.8 Ghz) CPU. I played the

game with these two parts and I didn’t have any FPS problems during playing. Despite going down to 30 FPS in very heavy situations, they don’t effect the gameplay a lot since it only takes a few seconds to go back to normal. By the way, I shouldn’t forget to say that I played the game at maximum resolution, which is 1920*[email protected] Hz.

If you check the PC Game websites you will see RE5 have gained very high results in the charts. I don’t think it can be considered as one of the greatest games ever except the graphical quality, but it is a must see for RE fans of course!!!

Resident Evil 5
Nimesh Meghwal says :

A nice game overall. Liked the way it runs smoothly in xbox and graphics are way too amazing. I’m playing this game for thied time due to its graphics and level of hardness, as I like hard games very much. Disc which I bought is still in new condition and really I’m very much impressed with this game. Playing it was such an challenge, and I accepted it and proved my worthiness as an pro gamer. It should be first choice for every game lover.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282812931800431/k2311a1228/12.28.09