Kraft Whole Grain Macaroni and Cheese  » Food  »
2.0
  • I am definitely not opposed to eating whole grain pasta or paying a little more for it at the grocery store, but the pasta still needs to be satisfying in taste and texture, and in the case of this macaroni and cheese, it simply was not

• by GenesisOne

The evidence seems pretty conclusive that whole grain is good for the body, and now, down the pasta aisle at most grocery stores, alongside the regular pasta, there is now whole grain pasta. This is also true when it comes to the boxed macaroni and cheese mixes.

One such whole grain boxed mix is the Kraft Whole Grain Macaroni and Cheese.

I tried it

once and I really will not be picking up another box again.

What bothered me the most about this pasta is that it has this peculiar sweet aftertaste to it that should not be there.

I do not associate sweetness with pasta and I doubt I ever will because pasta dishes are not supposed to taste sweet in my mind.

I also found this ...

• boxed macaroni and cheese to be somewhat mushy and that bothered me.

It should not be mushy.

I followed the cooking directions on the box, so it was not my error.

I did find the cheddar cheese to be pretty tasty, although this was certainly not the cheesiest or creamiest boxed macaroni and cheese that I have had.

I am definitely not opposed to

eating whole grain pasta or paying a little more for it at the grocery store, but the pasta still needs to be satisfying in taste and texture, and in the case of this macaroni and cheese, it simply was not.

It is not worth one dollar and fifty cents or even a dollar to me.

I would recommended avoiding this boxed macaroni and cheese mix.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272712931280331/k2311a1227/12.27.09