Kraft Original Macaroni and Cheese  » Food  »
2.5
  • It is still one of the best, although I have had others that have surpassed the quality of this boxed mix
  • I prefer macaroni and cheese that is creamy and not wet
  • That being said, that really is a minor problem that I can overlook because the cheddar cheese flavor is pretty memorable and enjoyable
  • If you are in search of superb boxed macaroni and cheese, I would recommend that you instead take a look at 365 Organic Shells and White Cheddar Cheese

• by GenesisOne

The original boxed Kraft Original Macaroni and Cheese has been around for many years now, really, before most other boxed macaroni and cheeses were ever conceived. It is still one of the best, although I have had others that have surpassed the quality of this boxed mix.

Not many, but for me, I now only purchase this macaroni and

cheese when it is on sale.

First of all, it seems to me that over the years, this macaroni and cheese has become slightly more watery.

By that, I mean, I do not think that it is as creamy as it used to be.

The cheese does not stick to the noodles quite as well and after I finish a bowl, there is a small pool of cheese-flavored water at the bottom.

I prefer macaroni and cheese that is creamy and not wet.

That being said, that really is a minor problem that I can overlook because the cheddar cheese flavor is pretty memorable and enjoyable.

It has an authentic cheese flavor and it is rich, too.

I ...

• Kraft Original Macaroni and Cheese
      do enjoy sitting down and having a bowl of this macaroni and cheese with my dinner and it does enhance my mealtime enjoyment, but as I said earlier, I have had tastier, creamier and less watery macaroni and cheese.

At one dollar and thirty-five cents a box, it is not worth the money to me, so I wait until

it goes on sale for a dollar a box.

That is when I stock up.

If you are in search of superb boxed macaroni and cheese, I would recommend that you instead take a look at 365 Organic Shells and White Cheddar Cheese.

It trumps the original Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in every regard, and is surprisingly cheaper than Kraft, as well.

Kenzi Rouser says :

re : If you are in search of superb boxed macaroni and cheese, I would recommend that you instead take a look at 365 Organic Shells and White Cheddar Cheese
Kraft Mac is by far the best on the market It is my go-to for an easy dinner night. Plus you can dress it up with just about anything Add a can of chili for chili-mac, you can even add tuna, corn, and peas for tuna helper :)

McKinley says :

This is some of the worst mac and cheese I ve had. I find that orange mac and cheese is usually worst than the white mac and cheese. It tastes so artificial and like its full of chemicals that I dont want in my body. I ate it not too long ago because I was hungry and it was my only option, but it was pretty dusgusting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272712931270331/k2311a1227/12.27.09