Movie Avatar  » Movies  »
  • Watching Avatar was made a more memorable experience because of the 3D effects

• by Collette

I entered the theaters filled with much anticipation for this movie. I heard it has earned millions of dollars because it is such a hit across the globe. I wanted to prove for myself that seeing Avatar will be so worth my money, especially that I opted to watch it on a 3D screen.

The movie lasted for 2 hours and 40 minutes. Whew! That’s almost 3 hours of being seated in the theaters with

my 3D glasses on. But the nice thing was, I didn’t feel like that much time has passed because I was so into the movie. And that was the sign I was looking for exactly, the answer to my question as to why Avatar is gaining raves worldwide. For a good 2 hours and 40 minutes, viewers could throw out their worries in the window even temporarily while being immersed in the beautiful fantasy ...

• of Pandora.

The plot was unique and very interesting. If you watched the Surrogates (Bruce Willis), you would think the two movies have similar stories. In Surrogates, there’s the cloning of human population. Here in Avatar, humans create “avatars” instead in a different world named Pandora.

Avatar is a very timely movie in this age when there is serious environmental threat amidst us. Though the story is fictional, hyped up, and maybe a bit exaggerated

too, Avatar still goes down deep into real environmental concerns that we should all be aware of. No matter how technologically advanced we may be, we have only one environment we should take care of, one world that could not be replaced nor restored once it is too late.

Watching Avatar was made a more memorable experience because of the 3D effects. It was a little more expensive than regular viewing but it was worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112712930980231/k2311a1227/12.27.09