Alliance Francaise de Pune  » Education  »
Patrakarnagar, Pune, India
  • I've been learning french at this institute for almost a year now and I must say I've really enjoyed the classes so far
  • This is really good, I think, as it doesn't let the classes get too boring and at the same time, gives enough time to learn
  • The library is another feature of this institute that I like
  • So, in short, if you are interested in learning French, I recommend this place
  • Without a doubt, it’s the best place to learn French

• by Iceberg

Alliance francaise de Pune is a language school which teaches French and is administered by the French Ministry of Education. It is a school that specialises in teaching french as a foreign language. I’ve been learning french at this institute for almost a year now and I must say I’ve really enjoyed the classes so far.

The classes are typically two hours per day and for 5 days a week.

This is really good, I think, as it doesn’t let the classes get too boring and at the same time, gives enough time to learn.

The teachers at Alliance are very competant, friendly and approachable. I think those are some of the most important qualities for a teache, especially for a foreign language teacher.

I just love the location of the classes. They are located at very quiet location away ...

• from the hustle & bustle of the main road.

However, I really wish they make the signboard a little easier to spot. The first time I was looking for the building, i nearly drove past it.

I find the actual classrooms very cosy and comfortable. Each class can accomodate a maximum of 20 students.

I think its excellent that the number of students per class is so small. It allows

the teacher to concentrate on each student individually.

The library is another feature of this institute that I like. The library is not only equipped with books but also with numerous CDs and DVDs of all types of French films.

I don’t think many other educational institutes have libraries that have movies. So, in short, if you are interested in learning French, I recommend this place.

Without a doubt, it’s the best place to learn French.

Student says :

Not sure of the teachers but for sure I can say that the administration is very bad as they are not professional in handling students and moreover they keep cancelling classes without proper information. E.g weekend course of 5th Nov 2011 was cancelled with no proper communication and just 1 day before it was confirmed that the classes would be taking place. Had heard good review about Mumbai and Bangalore Alliance Francaise but the one at Pune has been a bad experience

Galega says :

Classes are cancelled because of non availability of teachers. Still in India, there is clear scarcity of professional and competent teachers as far as training professionals for hospitality industry is concerned.

As you said, Mumbai and Bangalore campus of this institute are definitely better. they used to give quite a high number of placement.

currently the placement is down to null, because of stagnation in Indian economy (June 2013). And, you can find even Mumbai and Bangalore institutes are running into problems.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502712930970231/k2311a1227/12.27.09