Presto Professional CoolDaddy Electric Deep Fryer  » Housewares  »
  • Though it is certainly not the healthiest decisions we've ever made, my wife and I decided that we were going to get a fryer after consulting with some friends and hearing their stories about all the super fried foods they've made
  • The cord magnetically attaches to the body of the fryer which is both convenient and makes me feel better about the ability to disconnect the power when I start a grease fire

• by JB Haglund

Though it is certainly not the healthiest decisions we’ve ever made, my wife and I decided that we were going to get a fryer after consulting with some friends and hearing their stories about all the super fried foods they’ve made. The general consensus was that fry-daddy was the way to go, so we started investigating.

Our house isn’t all that large, particularly when it comes to counter-space, so we knew we couldn’t get something too large. But we both exercise a lot and have pretty good appetites so we wanted to be sure that we could get something that could cook enough to feed us

and potential family without having to do multiple batches.

We eventually settled on the Presto CoolDaddy because of its adjustable temperature settings, the ready-light, and a couple other things that seemed to set it apart from the other small fry-daddys without adding a great deal of dollars to the price-tag. When we ordered it, we also ordered a set of extra filters for the cover as it was recommended by many of the folks who’ve purchased and used it.

It wasn’t long before we were filling the pot with oil and getting ready to fry some chicken.

The CoolDaddy was very easy to set up, and comes pretty much ready ...

• to go in the package. The cord magnetically attaches to the body of the fryer which is both convenient and makes me feel better about the ability to disconnect the power when I start a grease fire. The set-up was intuitive and the controls are really simple, basically set it for whichever food you are cooking and wait until the light goes off. Then go.

The CoolDaddy is also relatively compact and fits under our counters and doesn’t take up much of our relatively limited counter space. It is relatively attractive with clean lines and the cover makes it easy to push it back to

the wall and leave it filled with oil and waiting until the next time you use it.

So far we’ve had fantastic results, frying everything from chicken to french fries to onion rings and other vegetables, tofu, even pierogies just for kicks. It is easy to clean, and the basket has a nice handle that allows you to pull it up and rest it just above the oil to let the extra oil drain from whatever goodies you’ve just fried.

I am looking forward to using it to fry donuts, but so far everything has worked great so I can only imagine it will continue to perform above my expectations.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532712930930231/k2311a1227/12.27.09