Sony Ericsson K550i  » Phones  »
  • True to my prejudice, I bought a K550i from Sony Ericsson a little more than a year ago
  • And I think the icing on the cake was the accompanying neon light which can also be used a flashlight
  • I found this little feature very useful and quiet unique
  • But if you are a hardcore texter, I wouldn’t recommend this phone to you
  • And most importantly, the voice clarity is amazing

• by Iceberg

For some unknown reason, I’m really biased towards Sony Ericsson cell phones. I just can’t think of buying a Nokia (which is perhaps the most common brand in India). True to my prejudice, I bought a K550i from Sony Ericsson a little more than a year ago.

It was a pretty smart decision, if I say so myself. The K550i is a member of the famous Cyber-shot family

offered by Sony Ericsson.

Hence, I was not at all surprised when the phone came loaded with an excellent 2 mega pixels camera. And I think the icing on the cake was the accompanying neon light which can also be used a flashlight.

I found this little feature very useful and quiet unique. The keypad is very unique too i.

e. the keys are really thin.

I was a ...

• bit apprehensive about buying this model at first only because of the keypad. But once I tried it out, it seemed very comfortable to use as there is ample space between the keys.

But if you are a hardcore texter, I wouldn’t recommend this phone to you. If music is what you are crazy about, this phone isn’t for you either.

The sound quality is

decent but it’s a camera phone after all. As I’m not that avid a listener, this wasn’t a problem for me but if you want a phone that doubles as an ipod, this isn’t the right one.

Overall, being a Sony Ericsson product I found the quality, finishing & craftsmanship upto the mark. And most importantly, the voice clarity is amazing.

Afterall, the main use of a phone is talking isn’t it?

Sony Ericsson K550i

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372712930810231/k2311a1227/12.27.09