Veggie Tales: The Star of Christmas  » Movies  »
  • While there, I noticed a movie in one of the bargain bins
  • It was a great movie and I would definitely recommend picking it up next Christmas

• by Review Vigilante

I had to do some last second shopping yesterday afternoon before the stores were closed for Christmas. While there, I noticed a movie in one of the bargain bins; Veggie Tales: The Star of Christmas.

Since it was only $5, I

figured it would be a great last second gift from Santa for my daughters.

We ended up watching it this morning after opening presents and I was right about it.

It’s a normal Veggie Tales presentation, only about 45 minutes in length and relying both on comedy and religion to get the story across.

But, it was a great story about the birth of Christ and about forgiveness.

Basically, you have the tomato and cucumber playing broadway producers who want to put ...

• Veggie Tales: The Star of Christmas
      on a musical on Christmas Eve.

However, they are competing with a Christmas pageant down the street and aren’t going to win because the pageant is going to feature the Christmas Star.

They end up stealing the artifact and destroying it.

And, when things look at their worst and they are in prison, the story about what Christmas stands for comes to life in a way where even our 5-year-old understood it.

It was a great movie and I would definitely recommend picking it up next Christmas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112612930661031/k2311a1226/12.26.09