Psych: Spellingg Bee
  • First, I like how they introduce Lassiter's new partner by having Shawn meet her in a coffee shop, show off his psychic abilites and then figure out she's a cop on a stake out based on her position in the diner
  • That was much better than just having her tagging along on the case and being introduced in the same boring fashion other shows rely on whenever they replace one of the major characters from the pilot (I liked how they mentioned his original partner was transferred
  • The case itself was also pretty interesting in that they were investigating sabotage at a spelling bee and potentially the murder of the spell master
  • This was a funny episode that I could definitely watch again (even though I have seen it a couple times already)
  • If you haven't seen it, I would recommend watching it

• by Review Vigilante

I’m inside today with a sick child and sick wife so I’m having a marathon of sorts by watching old Psych episodes. This included the season 1 episode “Spellingg Bee.

” This was a good episode for a couple reasons.

First, I like how they introduce Lassiter’s new partner by having Shawn meet her in

a coffee shop, show off his “psychic” abilites and then figure out she’s a cop on a stake out based on her position in the diner.

That was much better than just having her tagging along on the case and being introduced in the same boring fashion other shows rely on whenever they replace ...

• one of the major characters from the pilot (I liked how they mentioned his original partner was transferred; likely because they were having a relationship).

The case itself was also pretty interesting in that they were investigating sabotage at a spelling bee and potentially the murder of the spell master.

The funniest part was

when Shawn pretended to be the new spell master and was giving the kids extremely easy words like banana and onion (he was reading the spell master’s grocery list).

This was a funny episode that I could definitely watch again (even though I have seen it a couple times already).

If you haven’t seen it, I would recommend watching it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102612930591031/k2311a1226/12.26.09